Gas utility to build pipelines to industrial parks
Published: September 25,2013
Tags: Atmos Energy, David Gates, energy, I-20/59 Industrial Park, industrial park, Kewanee Mega-Site, Lynn Posey, Mississippi Public Service Commission, natural gas, pipeline, Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, utility
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Atmos Energy will begin construction of 23 miles of natural gas pipelines next year to three industrial parks in East Mississippi.
The company and Central District Public Service Commissioner Lynn Posey made the announcement yesterday in Meridian.
The three industrial sites that will receive the pipeline service are the Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, the I-20/59 Industrial Park and the Kewanee Mega-Site.
The project is expected to be completed in three phases over six years without using any public funds.
David Gates, president of Atmos Energy’s operations in Mississippi, says that natural gas hasn’t always been popular, but its low prices and abundant supply make it very attractive for the type of industries this area is trying to attract.
Posey says the PSC recently approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter