Gas utility to build pipelines to industrial parks
Published: September 25,2013
Tags: Atmos Energy, David Gates, energy, I-20/59 Industrial Park, industrial park, Kewanee Mega-Site, Lynn Posey, Mississippi Public Service Commission, natural gas, pipeline, Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, utility
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Atmos Energy will begin construction of 23 miles of natural gas pipelines next year to three industrial parks in East Mississippi.
The company and Central District Public Service Commissioner Lynn Posey made the announcement yesterday in Meridian.
The three industrial sites that will receive the pipeline service are the Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, the I-20/59 Industrial Park and the Kewanee Mega-Site.
The project is expected to be completed in three phases over six years without using any public funds.
David Gates, president of Atmos Energy’s operations in Mississippi, says that natural gas hasn’t always been popular, but its low prices and abundant supply make it very attractive for the type of industries this area is trying to attract.
Posey says the PSC recently approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency