Gas utility to build pipelines to industrial parks
Published: September 25,2013
Tags: Atmos Energy, David Gates, energy, I-20/59 Industrial Park, industrial park, Kewanee Mega-Site, Lynn Posey, Mississippi Public Service Commission, natural gas, pipeline, Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, utility
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Atmos Energy will begin construction of 23 miles of natural gas pipelines next year to three industrial parks in East Mississippi.
The company and Central District Public Service Commissioner Lynn Posey made the announcement yesterday in Meridian.
The three industrial sites that will receive the pipeline service are the Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, the I-20/59 Industrial Park and the Kewanee Mega-Site.
The project is expected to be completed in three phases over six years without using any public funds.
David Gates, president of Atmos Energy’s operations in Mississippi, says that natural gas hasn’t always been popular, but its low prices and abundant supply make it very attractive for the type of industries this area is trying to attract.
Posey says the PSC recently approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015