Gas utility to build pipelines to industrial parks
Published: September 25,2013
Tags: Atmos Energy, David Gates, energy, I-20/59 Industrial Park, industrial park, Kewanee Mega-Site, Lynn Posey, Mississippi Public Service Commission, natural gas, pipeline, Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, utility
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Atmos Energy will begin construction of 23 miles of natural gas pipelines next year to three industrial parks in East Mississippi.
The company and Central District Public Service Commissioner Lynn Posey made the announcement yesterday in Meridian.
The three industrial sites that will receive the pipeline service are the Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park, the I-20/59 Industrial Park and the Kewanee Mega-Site.
The project is expected to be completed in three phases over six years without using any public funds.
David Gates, president of Atmos Energy’s operations in Mississippi, says that natural gas hasn’t always been popular, but its low prices and abundant supply make it very attractive for the type of industries this area is trying to attract.
Posey says the PSC recently approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image