Environmental study complete, available on proposed road extension
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: city, City of Ridgeland, Commercial Real Estate, development, environment, environmental assessment, infrastructure, Madison County, National Park Service, real estate, Rice Road, Ridgeland City Center, road, transportation, travel, U.S. Highway 51
MADISON COUNTY — An environmental assessment (EA) for the proposed extension of Rice Road in Madison County is now available, according to the National Park Service.
This project seeks to extend Rice Road and create an associated multi-use trail to the west of U.S. Highway 51 in Ridgeland. This extension would provide access to the northern portion of the planned Ridgeland City Center development, requiring a right-of-way of approximately 0.7 acres on NPS land.
NPS reports the EA has been prepared in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act, the National Historic Preservation Act, NPS Director’s Order 12 and regulations of the Council on Environmental Quality.
It will be available for review on the NPS Planning, Environment and Public Comment website at parkplanning.nps.gov through Oct. 25.
A hardcopy of the document is also available in the Visitor Center of the Natchez Trace Parkway (Milepost 266, Tupelo, MS) and by e-mail or phone request.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren