Environmental study complete, available on proposed road extension
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: city, City of Ridgeland, Commercial Real Estate, development, environment, environmental assessment, infrastructure, Madison County, National Park Service, real estate, Rice Road, Ridgeland City Center, road, transportation, travel, U.S. Highway 51
MADISON COUNTY — An environmental assessment (EA) for the proposed extension of Rice Road in Madison County is now available, according to the National Park Service.
This project seeks to extend Rice Road and create an associated multi-use trail to the west of U.S. Highway 51 in Ridgeland. This extension would provide access to the northern portion of the planned Ridgeland City Center development, requiring a right-of-way of approximately 0.7 acres on NPS land.
NPS reports the EA has been prepared in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act, the National Historic Preservation Act, NPS Director’s Order 12 and regulations of the Council on Environmental Quality.
It will be available for review on the NPS Planning, Environment and Public Comment website at parkplanning.nps.gov through Oct. 25.
A hardcopy of the document is also available in the Visitor Center of the Natchez Trace Parkway (Milepost 266, Tupelo, MS) and by e-mail or phone request.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending