KiOR unveils Columbus II that will double production
Published: September 26,2013
COLUMBUS — Texas-based KiOR Inc. has announced that it will double the production capacity at its biofuels production facility in Columbus.
KiOR said in a news release yesterday from its Pasadena, Texas, headquarters that it will build a second cellulosic fuels facility in Columbus.
KiOR estimates the project — called Columbus II — will cost about $225 million.
Fred Cannon, KiOR’s President and CEO, says the company plans to break ground within 90 days after it raises sufficient equity and debt capital to commence the project. Cannon says work and startup will take about 18 months to construct and start up.
Cannon says KiOR expects that the Columbus II project will allow each Columbus facility to achieve greater yields, production capacity and feedstock flexibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility