KiOR unveils Columbus II that will double production
Published: September 26,2013
COLUMBUS — Texas-based KiOR Inc. has announced that it will double the production capacity at its biofuels production facility in Columbus.
KiOR said in a news release yesterday from its Pasadena, Texas, headquarters that it will build a second cellulosic fuels facility in Columbus.
KiOR estimates the project — called Columbus II — will cost about $225 million.
Fred Cannon, KiOR’s President and CEO, says the company plans to break ground within 90 days after it raises sufficient equity and debt capital to commence the project. Cannon says work and startup will take about 18 months to construct and start up.
Cannon says KiOR expects that the Columbus II project will allow each Columbus facility to achieve greater yields, production capacity and feedstock flexibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal