KiOR unveils Columbus II that will double production
by Associated Press
Published: September 26,2013
COLUMBUS — Texas-based KiOR Inc. has announced that it will double the production capacity at its biofuels production facility in Columbus.
KiOR said in a news release yesterday from its Pasadena, Texas, headquarters that it will build a second cellulosic fuels facility in Columbus.
KiOR estimates the project — called Columbus II — will cost about $225 million.
Fred Cannon, KiOR’s President and CEO, says the company plans to break ground within 90 days after it raises sufficient equity and debt capital to commence the project. Cannon says work and startup will take about 18 months to construct and start up.
Cannon says KiOR expects that the Columbus II project will allow each Columbus facility to achieve greater yields, production capacity and feedstock flexibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip