Texas company to open construction equipment facility in Delta
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: city, city government, city of Greenwood, Coburn Supply Company, construction, construction equipment, county, county government, economic development, employee, employer, employment, Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park, job, job creation, Leflore County, Leflore County Board of Supervisors, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plant, work, worker
GREENWOOD — A Texas-based construction supply company is advertising for workers on its website, confirming that it will open a plant in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the Leflore County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution after a closed session this week setting out the terms of a lease with Coburn Supply Company of Beaumont, Texas, for a retail and distribution center.
Board members declined to discuss details of the memorandum of understanding.
The Coburn facility will be located in Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park. The building formerly housed Balkamp Inc., which closed in 2010.
Coburn supplies plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment to contractors, builders and retail customers.
The new location would be the company’s sixth in Mississippi. Coburn also has locations in Louisiana, Texas and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways