Texas company to open construction equipment facility in Delta
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: city, city government, city of Greenwood, Coburn Supply Company, construction, construction equipment, county, county government, economic development, employee, employer, employment, Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park, job, job creation, Leflore County, Leflore County Board of Supervisors, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plant, work, worker
GREENWOOD — A Texas-based construction supply company is advertising for workers on its website, confirming that it will open a plant in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the Leflore County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution after a closed session this week setting out the terms of a lease with Coburn Supply Company of Beaumont, Texas, for a retail and distribution center.
Board members declined to discuss details of the memorandum of understanding.
The Coburn facility will be located in Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park. The building formerly housed Balkamp Inc., which closed in 2010.
Coburn supplies plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment to contractors, builders and retail customers.
The new location would be the company’s sixth in Mississippi. Coburn also has locations in Louisiana, Texas and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete