Texas company to open construction equipment facility in Delta
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: city, city government, city of Greenwood, Coburn Supply Company, construction, construction equipment, county, county government, economic development, employee, employer, employment, Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park, job, job creation, Leflore County, Leflore County Board of Supervisors, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plant, work, worker
GREENWOOD — A Texas-based construction supply company is advertising for workers on its website, confirming that it will open a plant in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the Leflore County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution after a closed session this week setting out the terms of a lease with Coburn Supply Company of Beaumont, Texas, for a retail and distribution center.
Board members declined to discuss details of the memorandum of understanding.
The Coburn facility will be located in Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park. The building formerly housed Balkamp Inc., which closed in 2010.
Coburn supplies plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment to contractors, builders and retail customers.
The new location would be the company’s sixth in Mississippi. Coburn also has locations in Louisiana, Texas and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015