Texas company to open construction equipment facility in Delta
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: city, city government, city of Greenwood, Coburn Supply Company, construction, construction equipment, county, county government, economic development, employee, employer, employment, Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park, job, job creation, Leflore County, Leflore County Board of Supervisors, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plant, work, worker
GREENWOOD — A Texas-based construction supply company is advertising for workers on its website, confirming that it will open a plant in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the Leflore County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution after a closed session this week setting out the terms of a lease with Coburn Supply Company of Beaumont, Texas, for a retail and distribution center.
Board members declined to discuss details of the memorandum of understanding.
The Coburn facility will be located in Greenwood-Leflore Industrial Park. The building formerly housed Balkamp Inc., which closed in 2010.
Coburn supplies plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment to contractors, builders and retail customers.
The new location would be the company’s sixth in Mississippi. Coburn also has locations in Louisiana, Texas and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics