Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean
Published: September 26,2013
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota says it will begin sending U.S.-built Corolla sedans to 18 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean starting next year.
The world’s biggest car maker said today that production of the U.S.-built vehicles is set to start at its Blue Springs plant near Tupelo in April 2014. Toyota Motors Corp. expects to export more than 7,500 of the sedans to Latin America and the Caribbean during the first sales year.
Toyota hit an all-time export record of more than 124,000 U.S.-built vehicles to 21 global markets in 2012. That was up 45 percent from a year earlier.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015