Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean
Published: September 26,2013
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota says it will begin sending U.S.-built Corolla sedans to 18 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean starting next year.
The world’s biggest car maker said today that production of the U.S.-built vehicles is set to start at its Blue Springs plant near Tupelo in April 2014. Toyota Motors Corp. expects to export more than 7,500 of the sedans to Latin America and the Caribbean during the first sales year.
Toyota hit an all-time export record of more than 124,000 U.S.-built vehicles to 21 global markets in 2012. That was up 45 percent from a year earlier.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'