Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean
Published: September 26,2013
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota says it will begin sending U.S.-built Corolla sedans to 18 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean starting next year.
The world’s biggest car maker said today that production of the U.S.-built vehicles is set to start at its Blue Springs plant near Tupelo in April 2014. Toyota Motors Corp. expects to export more than 7,500 of the sedans to Latin America and the Caribbean during the first sales year.
Toyota hit an all-time export record of more than 124,000 U.S.-built vehicles to 21 global markets in 2012. That was up 45 percent from a year earlier.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete