Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean
Published: September 26,2013
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota says it will begin sending U.S.-built Corolla sedans to 18 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean starting next year.
The world’s biggest car maker said today that production of the U.S.-built vehicles is set to start at its Blue Springs plant near Tupelo in April 2014. Toyota Motors Corp. expects to export more than 7,500 of the sedans to Latin America and the Caribbean during the first sales year.
Toyota hit an all-time export record of more than 124,000 U.S.-built vehicles to 21 global markets in 2012. That was up 45 percent from a year earlier.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota to begin exporting Corollas to Latin America, Caribbean”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015