Vilsack: USDA to give $3M-plus for energy, health, farm programs
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: agriculture, Delta Health Care Services Grant Program, energy, farm, farmer, farming, federal agency, federal government, funding, grant, health, health care, Mississippi Delta, renewable energy, Rural Energy for America Program, Small Socially Disadvantaged Producer, Tom Vilsack, town hall meeting, U.S. Department of Agriculture
JACKSON — Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced more than $3 million in funding for renewable energy projects, projects to improve public health in the Mississippi Delta region and awards to support small farmers.
Vilsack made the announcement today during a town hall meeting in Jackson.
Vilsack says in a news release that the funds will help improve rural health facilities in the Delta, help socially-disadvantaged business owners expand markets across the nation and help small businesses save energy.
Funding is being provided through USDA’s Small Socially Disadvantaged Producer (SSDP) Grant program, the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) and the Delta Health Care Services Grant Program.
The funding is contingent upon the recipient meeting the terms of the grant agreement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren