Vilsack: USDA to give $3M-plus for energy, health, farm programs
Published: September 26,2013
Tags: agriculture, Delta Health Care Services Grant Program, energy, farm, farmer, farming, federal agency, federal government, funding, grant, health, health care, Mississippi Delta, renewable energy, Rural Energy for America Program, Small Socially Disadvantaged Producer, Tom Vilsack, town hall meeting, U.S. Department of Agriculture
JACKSON — Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced more than $3 million in funding for renewable energy projects, projects to improve public health in the Mississippi Delta region and awards to support small farmers.
Vilsack made the announcement today during a town hall meeting in Jackson.
Vilsack says in a news release that the funds will help improve rural health facilities in the Delta, help socially-disadvantaged business owners expand markets across the nation and help small businesses save energy.
Funding is being provided through USDA’s Small Socially Disadvantaged Producer (SSDP) Grant program, the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) and the Delta Health Care Services Grant Program.
The funding is contingent upon the recipient meeting the terms of the grant agreement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62