Baptist receives CON for new hospital construction
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: Baptist Memorial Hospitasl-North Mississippi, cancer center, certificate of need, city of Oxford, construction, health, health care, hospital, medical, medicine, Mississippi State Department of Health, public health
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi has been given state approval to build a new infusion services department building.
The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a certificate of need for the project yesterday. Mississippi requires a CON in a process designed to avoid duplication of health care services and control costs.
The total capital expenditure for the project is $4.1 million.
Hospital officials say infusion services are now located in two locations. They want to consolidate into a single building that will be constructed next to the Cancer Center. The new building will have 30 treatment stations and supportive services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar