Baptist receives CON for new hospital construction
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: Baptist Memorial Hospitasl-North Mississippi, cancer center, certificate of need, city of Oxford, construction, health, health care, hospital, medical, medicine, Mississippi State Department of Health, public health
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi has been given state approval to build a new infusion services department building.
The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a certificate of need for the project yesterday. Mississippi requires a CON in a process designed to avoid duplication of health care services and control costs.
The total capital expenditure for the project is $4.1 million.
Hospital officials say infusion services are now located in two locations. They want to consolidate into a single building that will be constructed next to the Cancer Center. The new building will have 30 treatment stations and supportive services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi