Baptist receives CON for new hospital construction
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: Baptist Memorial Hospitasl-North Mississippi, cancer center, certificate of need, city of Oxford, construction, health, health care, hospital, medical, medicine, Mississippi State Department of Health, public health
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi has been given state approval to build a new infusion services department building.
The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a certificate of need for the project yesterday. Mississippi requires a CON in a process designed to avoid duplication of health care services and control costs.
The total capital expenditure for the project is $4.1 million.
Hospital officials say infusion services are now located in two locations. They want to consolidate into a single building that will be constructed next to the Cancer Center. The new building will have 30 treatment stations and supportive services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment