Baptist receives CON for new hospital construction
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: Baptist Memorial Hospitasl-North Mississippi, cancer center, certificate of need, city of Oxford, construction, health, health care, hospital, medical, medicine, Mississippi State Department of Health, public health
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi has been given state approval to build a new infusion services department building.
The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a certificate of need for the project yesterday. Mississippi requires a CON in a process designed to avoid duplication of health care services and control costs.
The total capital expenditure for the project is $4.1 million.
Hospital officials say infusion services are now located in two locations. They want to consolidate into a single building that will be constructed next to the Cancer Center. The new building will have 30 treatment stations and supportive services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal