Construction of new casino hotel tower celebrates milestone
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: A.J. Holloway, casino, City of Biloxi, construction, convention, Duncan McKenzie, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, Hard Rock Casino Biloxi, hotel, hotel tower, lodging, meeting, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — The roof is now on and the topping-off ceremony was celebrated to mark that milestone for the new 12-story hotel tower at Hard Rock Casino Biloxi.
Yesterday, a crane hoisted a pine tree to the hotel’s roof and a flag unfurled down the face of the building.
A rainy summer delayed concrete pouring and pushed back the completion date from the hoped-for New Year’s Eve. General manager Duncan McKenzie tells The Sun Herald the hotel now will open early next year.
McKenzie says the new construction expands the 325-room resort by 154 rooms — 14 of them luxury suites — for a total of 479 rooms.
Mayor A.J. Holloway said the $32.5 million project’s 250 construction jobs and 90 permanent jobs will be a boost for the city.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Top 40 Under 40
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur