Construction of new casino hotel tower celebrates milestone
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: A.J. Holloway, casino, City of Biloxi, construction, convention, Duncan McKenzie, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, Hard Rock Casino Biloxi, hotel, hotel tower, lodging, meeting, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — The roof is now on and the topping-off ceremony was celebrated to mark that milestone for the new 12-story hotel tower at Hard Rock Casino Biloxi.
Yesterday, a crane hoisted a pine tree to the hotel’s roof and a flag unfurled down the face of the building.
A rainy summer delayed concrete pouring and pushed back the completion date from the hoped-for New Year’s Eve. General manager Duncan McKenzie tells The Sun Herald the hotel now will open early next year.
McKenzie says the new construction expands the 325-room resort by 154 rooms — 14 of them luxury suites — for a total of 479 rooms.
Mayor A.J. Holloway said the $32.5 million project’s 250 construction jobs and 90 permanent jobs will be a boost for the city.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts