Construction of new casino hotel tower celebrates milestone
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: A.J. Holloway, casino, City of Biloxi, construction, convention, Duncan McKenzie, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, Hard Rock Casino Biloxi, hotel, hotel tower, lodging, meeting, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — The roof is now on and the topping-off ceremony was celebrated to mark that milestone for the new 12-story hotel tower at Hard Rock Casino Biloxi.
Yesterday, a crane hoisted a pine tree to the hotel’s roof and a flag unfurled down the face of the building.
A rainy summer delayed concrete pouring and pushed back the completion date from the hoped-for New Year’s Eve. General manager Duncan McKenzie tells The Sun Herald the hotel now will open early next year.
McKenzie says the new construction expands the 325-room resort by 154 rooms — 14 of them luxury suites — for a total of 479 rooms.
Mayor A.J. Holloway said the $32.5 million project’s 250 construction jobs and 90 permanent jobs will be a boost for the city.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations