Pentagon awards contract extension to support jet trainers
by Associated Press
Published: September 27,2013
Tags: Air Force, Aircraft, aviation, Columbua Air Force Base, federal government, jet, L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, Laughling Air Force Base, military, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Pentagon, Randolph Air Force Base, T-1A, U.S. Department of Defense, Vance Air Force Base
MADISON — A company in Madison has a $102.6 million, one-year extension to its Air Force contract for logistics support of the T-1A training jet.
A news release from the Pentagon yesterday says L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, LLC will do the work in Madison for five bases in four states.
Those are Columbus Air Force Base in Mississippi, Vance Air Force Base, Okla., Randolph and Laughlin Air Force bases in Texas and Pensacola Naval Air Station, Fla.
The T-1A is used for advanced pilot training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software