Officials mull bond issue for road enhancements
Published: September 30,2013
SOUTHAVEN — The widening of Getwell Road to five lanes and extending Swinnea Road are two of the road improvements for which Southaven is looking at issuing $9.5 million in general obligation bonds.
The Commercial Appeal reports the Board of Aldermen will consider a resolution expressing the intent of the city to issue bonds not to exceed $9.5 million for the various road improvements.
Chris Wilson, the chief administrative officer for the city, said Southaven will receive funds from the county, the state and federal government to help cover some of the costs of road improvements that total $22 million.
Preliminary costs show that the city’s share for the improvements will be $6.5 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life