Officials mull bond issue for road enhancements
Published: September 30,2013
SOUTHAVEN — The widening of Getwell Road to five lanes and extending Swinnea Road are two of the road improvements for which Southaven is looking at issuing $9.5 million in general obligation bonds.
The Commercial Appeal reports the Board of Aldermen will consider a resolution expressing the intent of the city to issue bonds not to exceed $9.5 million for the various road improvements.
Chris Wilson, the chief administrative officer for the city, said Southaven will receive funds from the county, the state and federal government to help cover some of the costs of road improvements that total $22 million.
Preliminary costs show that the city’s share for the improvements will be $6.5 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium