Officials mull bond issue for road enhancements
Published: September 30,2013
SOUTHAVEN — The widening of Getwell Road to five lanes and extending Swinnea Road are two of the road improvements for which Southaven is looking at issuing $9.5 million in general obligation bonds.
The Commercial Appeal reports the Board of Aldermen will consider a resolution expressing the intent of the city to issue bonds not to exceed $9.5 million for the various road improvements.
Chris Wilson, the chief administrative officer for the city, said Southaven will receive funds from the county, the state and federal government to help cover some of the costs of road improvements that total $22 million.
Preliminary costs show that the city’s share for the improvements will be $6.5 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics