Officials mull bond issue for road enhancements
Published: September 30,2013
SOUTHAVEN — The widening of Getwell Road to five lanes and extending Swinnea Road are two of the road improvements for which Southaven is looking at issuing $9.5 million in general obligation bonds.
The Commercial Appeal reports the Board of Aldermen will consider a resolution expressing the intent of the city to issue bonds not to exceed $9.5 million for the various road improvements.
Chris Wilson, the chief administrative officer for the city, said Southaven will receive funds from the county, the state and federal government to help cover some of the costs of road improvements that total $22 million.
Preliminary costs show that the city’s share for the improvements will be $6.5 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Top 40 Under 40
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Top 40 Under 40 Nomination Form
- New process from Mississippi company helps remove bacteria from oysters