Officials mull bond issue for road enhancements
by Associated Press
Published: September 30,2013
SOUTHAVEN — The widening of Getwell Road to five lanes and extending Swinnea Road are two of the road improvements for which Southaven is looking at issuing $9.5 million in general obligation bonds.
The Commercial Appeal reports the Board of Aldermen will consider a resolution expressing the intent of the city to issue bonds not to exceed $9.5 million for the various road improvements.
Chris Wilson, the chief administrative officer for the city, said Southaven will receive funds from the county, the state and federal government to help cover some of the costs of road improvements that total $22 million.
Preliminary costs show that the city’s share for the improvements will be $6.5 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years