DMR gets new executives as investigation continues
Published: October 2,2013
Tags: Bill Feidt, brigadier general, chief operating officer, emergency director, executive, Hurricane Katrina, investigation, Joe Spraggins, military, misappropriation, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, senior management, SkyTel, state agency, U.S. Air Force, WorldCom Inc. chief financial officer
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has hired two new executives.
Director Jamie Miller says in a news release today that 42-year-old Bill Feidt, of Pascagoula, will become chief financial officer, and 60-year-old Brig. Gen. Joe Spraggins, of Gulfport, will become chief operating officer. They start work Tuesday.
Feidt has previously been director of finance and planning for WorldCom, Inc. and Skytel Corp. His most recent job was as vice president of Strategic and Tactical Support, Inc., a firm that provides financial support to private-sector companies.
Spraggins retired from the Air Force in 2006 after a 34-year military career. He became the Harrison County emergency director days before Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
The Department of Marine Resources has been under investigation for spending practices under its previous director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “DMR gets new executives as investigation continues”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters