DMR gets new executives as investigation continues
Published: October 2,2013
Tags: Bill Feidt, brigadier general, chief operating officer, emergency director, executive, Hurricane Katrina, investigation, Joe Spraggins, military, misappropriation, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, senior management, SkyTel, state agency, U.S. Air Force, WorldCom Inc. chief financial officer
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has hired two new executives.
Director Jamie Miller says in a news release today that 42-year-old Bill Feidt, of Pascagoula, will become chief financial officer, and 60-year-old Brig. Gen. Joe Spraggins, of Gulfport, will become chief operating officer. They start work Tuesday.
Feidt has previously been director of finance and planning for WorldCom, Inc. and Skytel Corp. His most recent job was as vice president of Strategic and Tactical Support, Inc., a firm that provides financial support to private-sector companies.
Spraggins retired from the Air Force in 2006 after a 34-year military career. He became the Harrison County emergency director days before Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
The Department of Marine Resources has been under investigation for spending practices under its previous director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “DMR gets new executives as investigation continues”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case