DMR gets new executives as investigation continues
Published: October 2,2013
Tags: Bill Feidt, brigadier general, chief operating officer, emergency director, executive, Hurricane Katrina, investigation, Joe Spraggins, military, misappropriation, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, senior management, SkyTel, state agency, U.S. Air Force, WorldCom Inc. chief financial officer
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has hired two new executives.
Director Jamie Miller says in a news release today that 42-year-old Bill Feidt, of Pascagoula, will become chief financial officer, and 60-year-old Brig. Gen. Joe Spraggins, of Gulfport, will become chief operating officer. They start work Tuesday.
Feidt has previously been director of finance and planning for WorldCom, Inc. and Skytel Corp. His most recent job was as vice president of Strategic and Tactical Support, Inc., a firm that provides financial support to private-sector companies.
Spraggins retired from the Air Force in 2006 after a 34-year military career. He became the Harrison County emergency director days before Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
The Department of Marine Resources has been under investigation for spending practices under its previous director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “DMR gets new executives as investigation continues”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program