DMR gets new executives as investigation continues
by Associated Press
Published: October 2,2013
Tags: Bill Feidt, brigadier general, chief operating officer, emergency director, executive, Hurricane Katrina, investigation, Joe Spraggins, military, misappropriation, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, senior management, SkyTel, state agency, U.S. Air Force, WorldCom Inc. chief financial officer
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has hired two new executives.
Director Jamie Miller says in a news release today that 42-year-old Bill Feidt, of Pascagoula, will become chief financial officer, and 60-year-old Brig. Gen. Joe Spraggins, of Gulfport, will become chief operating officer. They start work Tuesday.
Feidt has previously been director of finance and planning for WorldCom, Inc. and Skytel Corp. His most recent job was as vice president of Strategic and Tactical Support, Inc., a firm that provides financial support to private-sector companies.
Spraggins retired from the Air Force in 2006 after a 34-year military career. He became the Harrison County emergency director days before Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
The Department of Marine Resources has been under investigation for spending practices under its previous director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DMR gets new executives as investigation continues”
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State