DMR gets new executives as investigation continues
Published: October 2,2013
Tags: Bill Feidt, brigadier general, chief operating officer, emergency director, executive, Hurricane Katrina, investigation, Joe Spraggins, military, misappropriation, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, senior management, SkyTel, state agency, U.S. Air Force, WorldCom Inc. chief financial officer
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has hired two new executives.
Director Jamie Miller says in a news release today that 42-year-old Bill Feidt, of Pascagoula, will become chief financial officer, and 60-year-old Brig. Gen. Joe Spraggins, of Gulfport, will become chief operating officer. They start work Tuesday.
Feidt has previously been director of finance and planning for WorldCom, Inc. and Skytel Corp. His most recent job was as vice president of Strategic and Tactical Support, Inc., a firm that provides financial support to private-sector companies.
Spraggins retired from the Air Force in 2006 after a 34-year military career. He became the Harrison County emergency director days before Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
The Department of Marine Resources has been under investigation for spending practices under its previous director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “DMR gets new executives as investigation continues”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state