Board prefers Morehouse College VP for MVSU president
by Associated Press
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: admissions, College Board, educator, higher education, Mississippi Valley State University, Morehouse College, postsecondary education, President, retention, student recruitment, university, William Bynum
ITTA BENA — William Bynum is likely to be the next president of Mississippi Valley State University.
The state College Board announced today that Bynum, now of Atlanta’s Morehouse College, is the preferred candidate to become the next leader of the smallest of Mississippi’s eight public universities.
Bynum is vice president of enrollment management and student services at Morehouse, a private college.
He was selected in a closed search conducted by the College Board in recent months. Bynum will visit the campus to meet with faculty, students and other groups Tuesday. The College Board will vote on Bynum’s appointment after those sessions.
As vice president of enrollment management, Bynum is in charge of recruiting students. That could be key at Valley, where enrollment has fallen sharply over the last two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center