Board prefers Morehouse College VP for MVSU president
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: admissions, College Board, educator, higher education, Mississippi Valley State University, Morehouse College, postsecondary education, President, retention, student recruitment, university, William Bynum
ITTA BENA — William Bynum is likely to be the next president of Mississippi Valley State University.
The state College Board announced today that Bynum, now of Atlanta’s Morehouse College, is the preferred candidate to become the next leader of the smallest of Mississippi’s eight public universities.
Bynum is vice president of enrollment management and student services at Morehouse, a private college.
He was selected in a closed search conducted by the College Board in recent months. Bynum will visit the campus to meet with faculty, students and other groups Tuesday. The College Board will vote on Bynum’s appointment after those sessions.
As vice president of enrollment management, Bynum is in charge of recruiting students. That could be key at Valley, where enrollment has fallen sharply over the last two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant