Board prefers Morehouse College VP for MVSU president
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: admissions, College Board, educator, higher education, Mississippi Valley State University, Morehouse College, postsecondary education, President, retention, student recruitment, university, William Bynum
ITTA BENA — William Bynum is likely to be the next president of Mississippi Valley State University.
The state College Board announced today that Bynum, now of Atlanta’s Morehouse College, is the preferred candidate to become the next leader of the smallest of Mississippi’s eight public universities.
Bynum is vice president of enrollment management and student services at Morehouse, a private college.
He was selected in a closed search conducted by the College Board in recent months. Bynum will visit the campus to meet with faculty, students and other groups Tuesday. The College Board will vote on Bynum’s appointment after those sessions.
As vice president of enrollment management, Bynum is in charge of recruiting students. That could be key at Valley, where enrollment has fallen sharply over the last two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion