Board prefers Morehouse College VP for MVSU president
by Associated Press
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: admissions, College Board, educator, higher education, Mississippi Valley State University, Morehouse College, postsecondary education, President, retention, student recruitment, university, William Bynum
ITTA BENA — William Bynum is likely to be the next president of Mississippi Valley State University.
The state College Board announced today that Bynum, now of Atlanta’s Morehouse College, is the preferred candidate to become the next leader of the smallest of Mississippi’s eight public universities.
Bynum is vice president of enrollment management and student services at Morehouse, a private college.
He was selected in a closed search conducted by the College Board in recent months. Bynum will visit the campus to meet with faculty, students and other groups Tuesday. The College Board will vote on Bynum’s appointment after those sessions.
As vice president of enrollment management, Bynum is in charge of recruiting students. That could be key at Valley, where enrollment has fallen sharply over the last two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide