Board prefers Morehouse College VP for MVSU president
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: admissions, College Board, educator, higher education, Mississippi Valley State University, Morehouse College, postsecondary education, President, retention, student recruitment, university, William Bynum
ITTA BENA — William Bynum is likely to be the next president of Mississippi Valley State University.
The state College Board announced today that Bynum, now of Atlanta’s Morehouse College, is the preferred candidate to become the next leader of the smallest of Mississippi’s eight public universities.
Bynum is vice president of enrollment management and student services at Morehouse, a private college.
He was selected in a closed search conducted by the College Board in recent months. Bynum will visit the campus to meet with faculty, students and other groups Tuesday. The College Board will vote on Bynum’s appointment after those sessions.
As vice president of enrollment management, Bynum is in charge of recruiting students. That could be key at Valley, where enrollment has fallen sharply over the last two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant