City launches online building permit, inspection report service
by Associated Press
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: architect, builder, building, building inspection, building permot, city, city government, City of Hernando, computer, construction, contractor, inspection report, Jared Darby, MyPermitNow, Office of Planning, online, South-central Planning and Development Commission
HERNANDO — The Office of Planning has launched a system for online filing of buildings permit applications and review of inspection reports in Hernando through MyPermitNow.
City planning director Jared Darby tells The Commercial Appeal the software also will allow builders, contractors, design professionals and residents to schedule inspections online, get inspection notices through email or automated telephone calls and more. The system went into operation on Tuesday.
The software is the offspring of the South-central Planning and Development Commission, which created the online site mygovernmentonline.org. The commission is based in Houma, La.
Darby said the online permit process requires submission of building plans in PDF format. For those that wish to apply in person, his office at City Hall requires plans on a CD or a USB flash drive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge