Facing tight funding, USM to unveil retention plan
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: budget, College Board, education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, postsecondary education, public university, Rodney Bennett, student, student recruitment, student retention, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi President Rodney Bennett has only been on the job for six months, but he says his relationship with the university community has jumped off to a promising start.
Bennett, the former vice president for student affairs at the University of Georgia, said his plan for student success at Southern Miss focuses on recruitment, retention, completion and graduation.
Bennett tells The Hattiesburg American the university is approaching the issue of student retention with particular urgency, adding that state dollars are tied to retention rates under the new state College Board funding formula.
He said the university will soon release a retention plan to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal