Facing tight funding, USM to unveil retention plan
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: budget, College Board, education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, postsecondary education, public university, Rodney Bennett, student, student recruitment, student retention, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi President Rodney Bennett has only been on the job for six months, but he says his relationship with the university community has jumped off to a promising start.
Bennett, the former vice president for student affairs at the University of Georgia, said his plan for student success at Southern Miss focuses on recruitment, retention, completion and graduation.
Bennett tells The Hattiesburg American the university is approaching the issue of student retention with particular urgency, adding that state dollars are tied to retention rates under the new state College Board funding formula.
He said the university will soon release a retention plan to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19