Facing tight funding, USM to unveil retention plan
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: budget, College Board, education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, postsecondary education, public university, Rodney Bennett, student, student recruitment, student retention, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi President Rodney Bennett has only been on the job for six months, but he says his relationship with the university community has jumped off to a promising start.
Bennett, the former vice president for student affairs at the University of Georgia, said his plan for student success at Southern Miss focuses on recruitment, retention, completion and graduation.
Bennett tells The Hattiesburg American the university is approaching the issue of student retention with particular urgency, adding that state dollars are tied to retention rates under the new state College Board funding formula.
He said the university will soon release a retention plan to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter