Facing tight funding, USM to unveil retention plan
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: budget, College Board, education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, postsecondary education, public university, Rodney Bennett, student, student recruitment, student retention, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi President Rodney Bennett has only been on the job for six months, but he says his relationship with the university community has jumped off to a promising start.
Bennett, the former vice president for student affairs at the University of Georgia, said his plan for student success at Southern Miss focuses on recruitment, retention, completion and graduation.
Bennett tells The Hattiesburg American the university is approaching the issue of student retention with particular urgency, adding that state dollars are tied to retention rates under the new state College Board funding formula.
He said the university will soon release a retention plan to the public.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi