HCC incubator adds new start-up company owned by college staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 3,2013
Tags: Business Incubation Center, community college, D&J Solutions, D. Gains Production, Diana Brown, education, entrepreneur, entrepreneurship, Hinds Community College, Institution of Higher Learning, Joyce Woodhouse, junior college, Kenyatta Films, Modern Woodmen, postsecondary education, print media, small business, special events, start-up company
UTICA — The Hinds Community College-Utica Campus Business Incubation Center has added its newest business, D&J Solutions.
The desktop publishing/events consultant company is owned and operated by Utica Campus employees Diana Brown, library assistant, and Joyce Woodhouse, administrative assistant.
Brown says she and Woodhouse had been providing the services out of their homes for over a year, and after discussing it, they decided to take advantage of the services offered at the Business Incubation Center.
The business offers a wide range of personalized print media, including flyers, bookmarks, labels, business cards, brochures, and programs for all occasions, including funerals. Additionally, the business provides planning and coordinating special events, such as celebrations, social or family gatherings, weddings, showers, company picnics, and banquets.
The Business Incubation Center has office space to accommodate four businesses, and it is currently full. Other businesses are D. Gains Production and Kenyatta Films, both film production companies, and Modern Woodmen, a financial advisory company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location