Billy Barber named Leland police chief
Billy Barber, who has spent the past 15 years with the Washington County Sheriff’s Department, is the new police chief in Leland. Barber got his start in law enforcement in 1990 with the Leland Police Department, where he worked as both a criminal investigator and narcotic investigator. Eight years later, he joined the Washington County Sheriff’s Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste