Billy Barber named Leland police chief
Billy Barber, who has spent the past 15 years with the Washington County Sheriff’s Department, is the new police chief in Leland. Barber got his start in law enforcement in 1990 with the Leland Police Department, where he worked as both a criminal investigator and narcotic investigator. Eight years later, he joined the Washington County Sheriff’s Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications