Casino developers given 15-day deadline for lease renewal
by Associated Press
Published: October 4,2013
Tags: Back Bay, casino, city, city government, City of D'Iberville, Commercial Real Estate, convention, D'Iberville City Council, developer, Duane Lewis, ecosystem, entertasinment, environment, Fountain Beach, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, land, lease, lodging, mayor, meeting, Mississippi Department of Enviornmental Quality, municipal, municipality, Nature, nightlife, Oyster Bay Casino, property, restaurant, Tom Moore, tourism, tourist, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, vacation, visitor, wildlife
D’IBERVILLE — The developers of Oyster Bay Casino have 15 days to renew their lease for Fountain Beach and they say they will.
The Sun Herald reports the lease has expired today on the city-owned Back Bay land where the developers want to build a casino. The mayor and City Council voted this week to notify the developers they have 15 days to pay $30,000 or the lease would be terminated.
Tom Moore, a D’Iberville native who is working with developer Duane Lewis to build the casino, said they were hoping to learn from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the state Department of Environmental Quality whether their permit would be approved for the use of the property, the wetlands and drainage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip