Casino developers given 15-day deadline for lease renewal
Published: October 4,2013
Tags: Back Bay, casino, city, city government, City of D'Iberville, Commercial Real Estate, convention, D'Iberville City Council, developer, Duane Lewis, ecosystem, entertasinment, environment, Fountain Beach, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, land, lease, lodging, mayor, meeting, Mississippi Department of Enviornmental Quality, municipal, municipality, Nature, nightlife, Oyster Bay Casino, property, restaurant, Tom Moore, tourism, tourist, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, vacation, visitor, wildlife
D’IBERVILLE — The developers of Oyster Bay Casino have 15 days to renew their lease for Fountain Beach and they say they will.
The Sun Herald reports the lease has expired today on the city-owned Back Bay land where the developers want to build a casino. The mayor and City Council voted this week to notify the developers they have 15 days to pay $30,000 or the lease would be terminated.
Tom Moore, a D’Iberville native who is working with developer Duane Lewis to build the casino, said they were hoping to learn from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the state Department of Environmental Quality whether their permit would be approved for the use of the property, the wetlands and drainage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K