Keeping our eye on — Felicity Flesher
By Stephen McDill
After watching “Raiders of the Lost Ark” as a child, Oxford native Felicity Flesher wanted to be a daring archaeologist like the film’s character Indiana Jones.
“Little did I know that I was instead more interested in the career that made Indiana Jones, those men and women behind the scenes that crafted this adored character and story,” Flesher says.
After finishing high school, Flesher enrolled at Carleton College in Minnesota where she is currently majoring in cinema and media studies. In addition to that, Flesher has interned with the University of Mississippi Media and Documentary Projects office and was a film and TV development intern with the Jim Henson Company in Los Angeles.
“Every part of media-making is geared towards telling a story and creating a world,” she says. “I found that writing best incorporates what I enjoy about the whole process.”
Flesher’s first narrative short was produced for the Oxford Film Festival last year and her 2013 attempt titled “Killer Kudzu” was selected to be produced as the festival’s next community film project.
“In my writing, I’m always drawn to regional stories and wild, but true historical stories,” she says. “I concocted this Mississippian and Oxonian take on the silly B-horror flick that I hope the community enjoys making and watching.”
When she’s not writing or producing, Flesher enjoys tennis and is a member of the nationally-ranked Carleton College women’s tennis team.
“Only listen to the encouragers,” she advises young professionals, “Everyone else will just drag you down with them.”
— By Stephen McDill
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping our eye on — Felicity Flesher”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring