Keeping our eye on — Felicity Flesher
By Stephen McDill
After watching “Raiders of the Lost Ark” as a child, Oxford native Felicity Flesher wanted to be a daring archaeologist like the film’s character Indiana Jones.
“Little did I know that I was instead more interested in the career that made Indiana Jones, those men and women behind the scenes that crafted this adored character and story,” Flesher says.
After finishing high school, Flesher enrolled at Carleton College in Minnesota where she is currently majoring in cinema and media studies. In addition to that, Flesher has interned with the University of Mississippi Media and Documentary Projects office and was a film and TV development intern with the Jim Henson Company in Los Angeles.
“Every part of media-making is geared towards telling a story and creating a world,” she says. “I found that writing best incorporates what I enjoy about the whole process.”
Flesher’s first narrative short was produced for the Oxford Film Festival last year and her 2013 attempt titled “Killer Kudzu” was selected to be produced as the festival’s next community film project.
“In my writing, I’m always drawn to regional stories and wild, but true historical stories,” she says. “I concocted this Mississippian and Oxonian take on the silly B-horror flick that I hope the community enjoys making and watching.”
When she’s not writing or producing, Flesher enjoys tennis and is a member of the nationally-ranked Carleton College women’s tennis team.
“Only listen to the encouragers,” she advises young professionals, “Everyone else will just drag you down with them.”
— By Stephen McDill
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping our eye on — Felicity Flesher”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren