Michael Howard Gibson promoted at Great Southern National Bank
Michael Howard Gibson has been promoted to senior vice president at Great Southern National Bank. A native of Laurel, Gibson graduated from Jones Junior College, Mississippi State University and the LSU Graduate School of Banking. Gibson began his financial career in 1993 with Deposit Guaranty National Bank in Laurel and joined Great Southern National Bank in Meridian in 2006.
Gibson is a past president of the Meridian Downtown Association and a past board member of The United Way of East Mississippi. He is currently a member the Allocation Committee for the United Way of East Mississippi, serves as campaign director for the bank’s United Way campaign and is a member of the Young Professionals of Meridian.
In addition to his banking career, Gibson serves as minister of music at Poplar Springs Drive Baptist Church. He is married to the former Danyell Lowe of Laurel and is the father to two children, AnnaJane Elizabeth (5) and Mary Michael Elise (2).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center