Michael Howard Gibson promoted at Great Southern National Bank
Michael Howard Gibson has been promoted to senior vice president at Great Southern National Bank. A native of Laurel, Gibson graduated from Jones Junior College, Mississippi State University and the LSU Graduate School of Banking. Gibson began his financial career in 1993 with Deposit Guaranty National Bank in Laurel and joined Great Southern National Bank in Meridian in 2006.
Gibson is a past president of the Meridian Downtown Association and a past board member of The United Way of East Mississippi. He is currently a member the Allocation Committee for the United Way of East Mississippi, serves as campaign director for the bank’s United Way campaign and is a member of the Young Professionals of Meridian.
In addition to his banking career, Gibson serves as minister of music at Poplar Springs Drive Baptist Church. He is married to the former Danyell Lowe of Laurel and is the father to two children, AnnaJane Elizabeth (5) and Mary Michael Elise (2).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal