Michael Howard Gibson promoted at Great Southern National Bank
Michael Howard Gibson has been promoted to senior vice president at Great Southern National Bank. A native of Laurel, Gibson graduated from Jones Junior College, Mississippi State University and the LSU Graduate School of Banking. Gibson began his financial career in 1993 with Deposit Guaranty National Bank in Laurel and joined Great Southern National Bank in Meridian in 2006.
Gibson is a past president of the Meridian Downtown Association and a past board member of The United Way of East Mississippi. He is currently a member the Allocation Committee for the United Way of East Mississippi, serves as campaign director for the bank’s United Way campaign and is a member of the Young Professionals of Meridian.
In addition to his banking career, Gibson serves as minister of music at Poplar Springs Drive Baptist Church. He is married to the former Danyell Lowe of Laurel and is the father to two children, AnnaJane Elizabeth (5) and Mary Michael Elise (2).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion