Michael Howard Gibson promoted at Great Southern National Bank
Michael Howard Gibson has been promoted to senior vice president at Great Southern National Bank. A native of Laurel, Gibson graduated from Jones Junior College, Mississippi State University and the LSU Graduate School of Banking. Gibson began his financial career in 1993 with Deposit Guaranty National Bank in Laurel and joined Great Southern National Bank in Meridian in 2006.
Gibson is a past president of the Meridian Downtown Association and a past board member of The United Way of East Mississippi. He is currently a member the Allocation Committee for the United Way of East Mississippi, serves as campaign director for the bank’s United Way campaign and is a member of the Young Professionals of Meridian.
In addition to his banking career, Gibson serves as minister of music at Poplar Springs Drive Baptist Church. He is married to the former Danyell Lowe of Laurel and is the father to two children, AnnaJane Elizabeth (5) and Mary Michael Elise (2).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'