MSU’s Douglas Bammann earns Fellow designation
by Ross Reily
Published: October 4,2013
Douglas Bammann, a Bagley College of Engineering mechanical engineering professor at Mississippi State University, is receiving the highest grade of membership from the Society of Engineering Science. Bammann was recently named a Fellow during the organization’s 50th annual technical meeting at Brown University. He is the only member to earn the honor this year.
Bammann joined Mississippi State in 2007 as a Billie J. Ball professor in mechanical engineering. Since that time he has served as the vice chair of the ASME applied mechanics division and materials division joint committee on consecutive equations. Prior to coming to the Magnolia State, Bammann spent more than 25 years as a distinguished member of the technical staff at Sandia National Laboratories in Livermore, Calif. There he distinguished himself as a leader in the field of continuum mechanics, plasticity and the failure of metals.
With more than 46 journal articles, 20 conference papers and 10 technical reports to his name, Bammann has been an invited lecturer at universities across the country including Cornell, the California Institute of Technology, the Georgia Institute of Technology and Louisiana State University.
Bammann earned a bachelor’s degree in physics at Illinois State University, Normal. He earned master’s and doctoral degrees in theoretical and applied mechanical engineering from the University of Illinois, Urbana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics