Bank agrees to underwrite bonds for Delta town
Published: October 6,2013
LELAND — Planters Bank and Trust Co. will underwrite the sale of $1.5 million in bonds for the city of Leland.
The Delta Democrat Times reports the Board of Aldermen accepted the company’s bid this past week.
Planters’ bid was the only one the city received for the bond issue, which will be used to pay for resurfacing of several streets.
The bond was first proposed in early 2012, but the process stopped in September 2012 when the board could not fit the projected $150,000-per-year repayment cost into the 2012-13 budget.
The current budget includes repayments, which City Attorney Josh Bogen says should be made for 10 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image