CVB board members reappointed after shake-up
Published: October 6,2013
Tags: air travel, airport, Alcorn County, Alcorn County Board of Supervisors, Allen Lee, appoint, appointment, aviation, Billy Taylor, board of director, Board of Mayor and Aldermen, city, city government, City of Corinth, Clayton Stanley, Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, Corinth Preservation Commission, Corinth Public Utilities Commission, county government, culture, history, Joey Luster, Pauline Sorrell, reappoint, reappointment, tourism, tourist, transportation, travel, visitor
CORINTH — The Board of Mayor and Aldermen has filled several seats on boards and commissions.
The Daily Corinthian reported Clayton Stanley will fill an unexpired post on the airport commission following the resignation of Allen Lee. The term runs through April 20, 2015.
Reappointments included Emma Lee Newcomb on the Corinth Housing Authority board and Wayne Gann on the board of Magnolia Regional Health Center. Both are five-year appointments.
The board also reappointed Pauline Sorrell and Billy Taylor to the board of the Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. The two positions are jointly appointed with the Alcorn County Board of Supervisors. The appointments await consideration by the county.
Sorrell and Taylor were appointed in January after a shake-up on the tourism board.
The board still must fill an unexpired term on the Corinth Public Utilities Commission. The vacancy was created by the resignation of Joey Luster.
Also, additional appointments must be made to the Corinth Preservation Commission for seats currently held by Claire Stanley, Marvin McQueen, Jimbo Bryant, Anne Thompson and Joe Carroll.
City Clerk Vickie Roach said the commission wants to present information at the next board meeting before the appointments are made.
The board also has delayed action on the Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment seat currently held by James W. Orr, whose term expires Oct. 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis