CVB board members reappointed after shake-up
Published: October 6,2013
Tags: air travel, airport, Alcorn County, Alcorn County Board of Supervisors, Allen Lee, appoint, appointment, aviation, Billy Taylor, board of director, Board of Mayor and Aldermen, city, city government, City of Corinth, Clayton Stanley, Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, Corinth Preservation Commission, Corinth Public Utilities Commission, county government, culture, history, Joey Luster, Pauline Sorrell, reappoint, reappointment, tourism, tourist, transportation, travel, visitor
CORINTH — The Board of Mayor and Aldermen has filled several seats on boards and commissions.
The Daily Corinthian reported Clayton Stanley will fill an unexpired post on the airport commission following the resignation of Allen Lee. The term runs through April 20, 2015.
Reappointments included Emma Lee Newcomb on the Corinth Housing Authority board and Wayne Gann on the board of Magnolia Regional Health Center. Both are five-year appointments.
The board also reappointed Pauline Sorrell and Billy Taylor to the board of the Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. The two positions are jointly appointed with the Alcorn County Board of Supervisors. The appointments await consideration by the county.
Sorrell and Taylor were appointed in January after a shake-up on the tourism board.
The board still must fill an unexpired term on the Corinth Public Utilities Commission. The vacancy was created by the resignation of Joey Luster.
Also, additional appointments must be made to the Corinth Preservation Commission for seats currently held by Claire Stanley, Marvin McQueen, Jimbo Bryant, Anne Thompson and Joe Carroll.
City Clerk Vickie Roach said the commission wants to present information at the next board meeting before the appointments are made.
The board also has delayed action on the Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment seat currently held by James W. Orr, whose term expires Oct. 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi