Conveyor component-maker cuts ribbon for expanded plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2013
Tags: conveyor component, economic development, employee, employer, employmernt, expansion, factory, governor, incentive, Joao Ney Colagrossi, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Metso, Mississippi Development Authority, Phil Bryant, plant, state government, State of Mississippi, work, worker
CLARKSDALE — Gov. Phil Bryant and officials from Metso cut the ribbon this past weekend on the company’s expanded operations in Clarksdale.
Metso announced in September 2012 it would increase its conveyor component operations at the Clarksdale location. The project represents a $4-million company investment, and it created 30 new jobs and retained 61 jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“Through the investment in Clarksdale, we want to strengthen our service’s business capabilities for our mining and construction customers,” said João Ney Colagrossi, president of Metso’s Services Business Line, Mining and Construction. “Our central location in the North American marketplace, our long history in the area as well as our skilled and knowledgeable people makes Clarksdale an ideal place for the consolidation of our Conveyor Solutions production.”
The MDA provided assistance in support of the project to move equipment to the Clarksdale facility. Additionally, the agency provided assistance for renovations to the facility and for workforce training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics