Special House election has crowded field
Published: October 9,2013
Tags: Andre De'Berry, Aurthur "Clyde" Ellzey, ballot, candidate, Daylon Cannon, elected official, election, Jacqueline Simon, John Gary Faulkner, Kelvin Buck, lawmaker, Lee Edward Gill, legislative, legislator, mayor, Mississippi Legislature, political campaign, politician, Politics, poll, public official, Robert Earl Young, special election, vote, voter, Voting
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Seven people have filed qualifying papers to run for the Mississippi House District 5 post left vacant earlier this year when incumbent Kelvin Buck was elected mayor of Holly Springs.
The special election is set for Nov. 5. A runoff, if needed, will be Nov. 26.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the candidates are Daylon Cannon, Andre’ De’Berry, Arthur “Clyde” Ellzey, John Gary Faulkner, Lee Edward Gill, Jacqueline Simon and Robert Earl Young.
Candidates in legislative special elections do not declare party affiliation.
The district covers most of Marshall and a portion of Benton counties.
The state Election Commission meets Thursday to certify the candidates.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring