Campaign to finance hospice construction gets $1.5M gift
by Associated Press
Published: October 11,2013
Tags: Asbury Foundation, capital campaign, charitable giving, charitable organization, charity, construction, donation, Forrest General Healthcare Foundation, fundraising, gift, health, health care, hospice, Hospice House of South Mississippi, medical, medicine, philanthropy, terminally ill
HATTIESBURG — A $1.5-million donation from the Asbury Foundation of Hattiesburg will move Forrest General Healthcare Foundation closer to reaching its $5-million campaign to build Hospice House of South Mississippi.
Hospice House will provide physical and medical care for people with a limited life expectancy. The Hattiesburg American reports the Asbury Foundation’s contribution puts FGHF at $3.6 million toward building the facility.
The Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on a 5-acre site in Hattiesburg. Construction is scheduled to begin sometime in 2014, and officials expect the facility to be operational within the next two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody