Campaign to finance hospice construction gets $1.5M gift
Published: October 11,2013
Tags: Asbury Foundation, capital campaign, charitable giving, charitable organization, charity, construction, donation, Forrest General Healthcare Foundation, fundraising, gift, health, health care, hospice, Hospice House of South Mississippi, medical, medicine, philanthropy, terminally ill
HATTIESBURG — A $1.5-million donation from the Asbury Foundation of Hattiesburg will move Forrest General Healthcare Foundation closer to reaching its $5-million campaign to build Hospice House of South Mississippi.
Hospice House will provide physical and medical care for people with a limited life expectancy. The Hattiesburg American reports the Asbury Foundation’s contribution puts FGHF at $3.6 million toward building the facility.
The Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on a 5-acre site in Hattiesburg. Construction is scheduled to begin sometime in 2014, and officials expect the facility to be operational within the next two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments