Campaign to finance hospice construction gets $1.5M gift
by Associated Press
Published: October 11,2013
Tags: Asbury Foundation, capital campaign, charitable giving, charitable organization, charity, construction, donation, Forrest General Healthcare Foundation, fundraising, gift, health, health care, hospice, Hospice House of South Mississippi, medical, medicine, philanthropy, terminally ill
HATTIESBURG — A $1.5-million donation from the Asbury Foundation of Hattiesburg will move Forrest General Healthcare Foundation closer to reaching its $5-million campaign to build Hospice House of South Mississippi.
Hospice House will provide physical and medical care for people with a limited life expectancy. The Hattiesburg American reports the Asbury Foundation’s contribution puts FGHF at $3.6 million toward building the facility.
The Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on a 5-acre site in Hattiesburg. Construction is scheduled to begin sometime in 2014, and officials expect the facility to be operational within the next two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county