Campaign to finance hospice construction gets $1.5M gift
Published: October 11,2013
Tags: Asbury Foundation, capital campaign, charitable giving, charitable organization, charity, construction, donation, Forrest General Healthcare Foundation, fundraising, gift, health, health care, hospice, Hospice House of South Mississippi, medical, medicine, philanthropy, terminally ill
HATTIESBURG — A $1.5-million donation from the Asbury Foundation of Hattiesburg will move Forrest General Healthcare Foundation closer to reaching its $5-million campaign to build Hospice House of South Mississippi.
Hospice House will provide physical and medical care for people with a limited life expectancy. The Hattiesburg American reports the Asbury Foundation’s contribution puts FGHF at $3.6 million toward building the facility.
The Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on a 5-acre site in Hattiesburg. Construction is scheduled to begin sometime in 2014, and officials expect the facility to be operational within the next two years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued