Georgia-Pacific closing Delaware plant; shifting operation here
Published: October 11,2013
DOVER, Del. — Georgia-Pacific says it is closing a packaging facility in Harrington by the end of the year, leaving about 95 workers without jobs.
The privately held company says operations at the Delaware Color-Box facility will be consolidated at other packaging facilities in Indiana and Mississippi.
Georgia-Pacific, an Atlanta-based paper, packaging and building products company, also said this week that it is closing a fiberboard plant in Southside Virginia that employs about 80 workers and will move its production to a facility in Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal