Georgia-Pacific closing Delaware plant; shifting operation here
Published: October 11,2013
DOVER, Del. — Georgia-Pacific says it is closing a packaging facility in Harrington by the end of the year, leaving about 95 workers without jobs.
The privately held company says operations at the Delaware Color-Box facility will be consolidated at other packaging facilities in Indiana and Mississippi.
Georgia-Pacific, an Atlanta-based paper, packaging and building products company, also said this week that it is closing a fiberboard plant in Southside Virginia that employs about 80 workers and will move its production to a facility in Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics