Georgia-Pacific closing Delaware plant; shifting operation here
Published: October 11,2013
DOVER, Del. — Georgia-Pacific says it is closing a packaging facility in Harrington by the end of the year, leaving about 95 workers without jobs.
The privately held company says operations at the Delaware Color-Box facility will be consolidated at other packaging facilities in Indiana and Mississippi.
Georgia-Pacific, an Atlanta-based paper, packaging and building products company, also said this week that it is closing a fiberboard plant in Southside Virginia that employs about 80 workers and will move its production to a facility in Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet