Georgia-Pacific closing Delaware plant; shifting operation here
Published: October 11,2013
DOVER, Del. — Georgia-Pacific says it is closing a packaging facility in Harrington by the end of the year, leaving about 95 workers without jobs.
The privately held company says operations at the Delaware Color-Box facility will be consolidated at other packaging facilities in Indiana and Mississippi.
Georgia-Pacific, an Atlanta-based paper, packaging and building products company, also said this week that it is closing a fiberboard plant in Southside Virginia that employs about 80 workers and will move its production to a facility in Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement