Georgia-Pacific closing Delaware plant; shifting operation here
Published: October 11,2013
DOVER, Del. — Georgia-Pacific says it is closing a packaging facility in Harrington by the end of the year, leaving about 95 workers without jobs.
The privately held company says operations at the Delaware Color-Box facility will be consolidated at other packaging facilities in Indiana and Mississippi.
Georgia-Pacific, an Atlanta-based paper, packaging and building products company, also said this week that it is closing a fiberboard plant in Southside Virginia that employs about 80 workers and will move its production to a facility in Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location