Highway project that included new bridge completed
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 11,2013
Tags: bridge, city of Ellisville, construction, Highway 390, hoighway, infrastructure, Mississippi Department of Transportation, roadbuilder, roadbuilding, Tanner Construction Company, transportation, travel
ELLISVILLE — Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has opened the Highway 590 Extension Project in Ellisville to traffic.
The $12-million highway extension project, awarded to Tanner Construction Company, adds a new route from Highway 590 to Highway 29.
Work on the project began in October 2011. Along with roadway work, the 2.5-mile project included construction of a 2,000-foot bridge.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner