Healthcare Simulation Center opens at MGCCC
Published: October 14,2013
Tags: Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, community college, education, health, health care, Healthcare Simulation Center, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, medical, medicine, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, postsecondary education, simulation, technology
GULFPORT — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has opened its Healthcare Simulation Center at its Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center in Gulfport.
The new center will be the only simulation center with public access on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Part of the master plan for MGCCC’s Nursing and Allied Health Division, the center will be available to Nursing and Allied Health students as well as clinical affiliates, community partners and public/private organizations not affiliated with the college.
The Mississippi Press reports it will contain state-of-the-art simulators designed to help students and practitioners develop preparedness and insight that is best learned and practiced in realistic conditions.
Continuing-education opportunities will also be offered at the center using state-of-the-art health care simulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation