Healthcare Simulation Center opens at MGCCC
Published: October 14,2013
Tags: Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, community college, education, health, health care, Healthcare Simulation Center, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, medical, medicine, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, postsecondary education, simulation, technology
GULFPORT — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has opened its Healthcare Simulation Center at its Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center in Gulfport.
The new center will be the only simulation center with public access on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Part of the master plan for MGCCC’s Nursing and Allied Health Division, the center will be available to Nursing and Allied Health students as well as clinical affiliates, community partners and public/private organizations not affiliated with the college.
The Mississippi Press reports it will contain state-of-the-art simulators designed to help students and practitioners develop preparedness and insight that is best learned and practiced in realistic conditions.
Continuing-education opportunities will also be offered at the center using state-of-the-art health care simulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money