Healthcare Simulation Center opens at MGCCC
by Associated Press
Published: October 14,2013
Tags: Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, community college, education, health, health care, Healthcare Simulation Center, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, medical, medicine, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, postsecondary education, simulation, technology
GULFPORT — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has opened its Healthcare Simulation Center at its Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center in Gulfport.
The new center will be the only simulation center with public access on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Part of the master plan for MGCCC’s Nursing and Allied Health Division, the center will be available to Nursing and Allied Health students as well as clinical affiliates, community partners and public/private organizations not affiliated with the college.
The Mississippi Press reports it will contain state-of-the-art simulators designed to help students and practitioners develop preparedness and insight that is best learned and practiced in realistic conditions.
Continuing-education opportunities will also be offered at the center using state-of-the-art health care simulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State