Healthcare Simulation Center opens at MGCCC
by Associated Press
Published: October 14,2013
Tags: Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, community college, education, health, health care, Healthcare Simulation Center, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, medical, medicine, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, postsecondary education, simulation, technology
GULFPORT — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has opened its Healthcare Simulation Center at its Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center in Gulfport.
The new center will be the only simulation center with public access on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Part of the master plan for MGCCC’s Nursing and Allied Health Division, the center will be available to Nursing and Allied Health students as well as clinical affiliates, community partners and public/private organizations not affiliated with the college.
The Mississippi Press reports it will contain state-of-the-art simulators designed to help students and practitioners develop preparedness and insight that is best learned and practiced in realistic conditions.
Continuing-education opportunities will also be offered at the center using state-of-the-art health care simulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State