Local firm breaks ground for new hotel in Delta
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2013
CLARKSDALE — Landstar Construction, LLC, has broken ground for the construction of a new Hampton Inn by Hilton in Clarksdale for Chawla & Chawla, Inc.
The 63-room hotel is scheduled to open in April 2014, according to Flowood-based Landstar.
The cost of the project was undisclosed.
Landstar is a general purpose construction firm serving the Southeast but specializing in hotels as well as office and medical buildings. It has recently completed Hampton Inn projects in Winfield, Ala., and Atmore, Ala.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal