Local firm breaks ground for new hotel in Delta
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2013
CLARKSDALE — Landstar Construction, LLC, has broken ground for the construction of a new Hampton Inn by Hilton in Clarksdale for Chawla & Chawla, Inc.
The 63-room hotel is scheduled to open in April 2014, according to Flowood-based Landstar.
The cost of the project was undisclosed.
Landstar is a general purpose construction firm serving the Southeast but specializing in hotels as well as office and medical buildings. It has recently completed Hampton Inn projects in Winfield, Ala., and Atmore, Ala.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county