Local firm breaks ground for new hotel in Delta
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2013
CLARKSDALE — Landstar Construction, LLC, has broken ground for the construction of a new Hampton Inn by Hilton in Clarksdale for Chawla & Chawla, Inc.
The 63-room hotel is scheduled to open in April 2014, according to Flowood-based Landstar.
The cost of the project was undisclosed.
Landstar is a general purpose construction firm serving the Southeast but specializing in hotels as well as office and medical buildings. It has recently completed Hampton Inn projects in Winfield, Ala., and Atmore, Ala.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues