Local firm breaks ground for new hotel in Delta
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2013
CLARKSDALE — Landstar Construction, LLC, has broken ground for the construction of a new Hampton Inn by Hilton in Clarksdale for Chawla & Chawla, Inc.
The 63-room hotel is scheduled to open in April 2014, according to Flowood-based Landstar.
The cost of the project was undisclosed.
Landstar is a general purpose construction firm serving the Southeast but specializing in hotels as well as office and medical buildings. It has recently completed Hampton Inn projects in Winfield, Ala., and Atmore, Ala.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more