Molpus Woodlands agrees to buy timberland in Alabama
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2013
JACKSON — The timberland investment management firm Molpus Woodlands Group, LLC has, on behalf of a client, entered into an agreement to purchase approximately 73,000 acres of timberland located north, east and west of Birmingham, Ala.
The close of the purchase is set to occur in installments starting in October 2013. Terms were not disclosed.
The timberland, located in 13 counties, consists of loblolly pine plantations distributed among all age classes. Molpus currently maintains an office in Hoover, Ala., to oversee the management of approximately 161,000 acres purchased earlier in the Birmingham area.
Molpus president Dick Molpus said, “These properties represent a high-quality timberland investment within a competitive timber market, and they offer strong recreational opportunities to the region as well.”
Molpus currently manages approximately 1.5 million acres of timberland investments in 17 states and employs 97 people in its 15 offices operating in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant