Transit system gets extension as construction misses deadline
by Associated Press
Published: October 15,2013
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Transit System has received an extension to complete the new regional transit facility and is scheduled to move its operations to the facility in December.
NTS executive director Sabrena Bartley tells The Natchez Democrat the original project completion date was Oct. 5, but it has been extended until Oct. 30.
Bartley said the contractor is working on painting and flooring on the interior of the building.
She says NTS cannot move into the building until the work is finished and equipment is assembled for the facility.
The transit facility, its equipment, as well as two recently purchased trolleys, a commuter bus and two other passenger vehicles, are being funded by a $3 million federal stimulus package through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program