Transit system gets extension as construction misses deadline
Published: October 15,2013
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Transit System has received an extension to complete the new regional transit facility and is scheduled to move its operations to the facility in December.
NTS executive director Sabrena Bartley tells The Natchez Democrat the original project completion date was Oct. 5, but it has been extended until Oct. 30.
Bartley said the contractor is working on painting and flooring on the interior of the building.
She says NTS cannot move into the building until the work is finished and equipment is assembled for the facility.
The transit facility, its equipment, as well as two recently purchased trolleys, a commuter bus and two other passenger vehicles, are being funded by a $3 million federal stimulus package through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts