Ex-Southaven mayor’s trial to resume today
Published: October 16,2013
Tags: audit, auditor, bench, city, city government, City of Southaven, court, crime, Greg Davis, Hinds County Chancery Court, judicial, judiciary, justice, law, legal, mayor, misappropriation, Stacey Pickering, state agency, state government, State of Mississippi, trial
SOUTHAVEN — After a five-month recess, the civil trial of former Southaven mayor Greg Davis is set to resume in Hinds County Chancery Court in Jackson.
The civil trial centers on Mississippi Auditor Stacey Pickering’s efforts to recover more than $70,000 the state alleges Davis still owes for questionable personal expenses including trips, shopping and counseling charged to his credit cards and reimbursed by the city.
The allegations were the basis for the lawsuit filed against Davis last year by the state to recover the remaining money the auditor’s office says Davis still owes taxpayers.
The civil trial began in January.
The Commercial Appeal reports Davis was the last witness to take the stand when the weeklong trial was recessed in May. He is set to continue his testimony today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring