Site rezoned for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: October 16,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned property west of Interstate 110 to waterfront, and now it will be up to the Mississippi Gaming Commission to decide if it is a legal casino site.
The council also heard casino operators and Wall Street investors are interested in financing the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino Hotel.
The Sun Herald reports the vote for the rezoning was 5-2 on Tuesday and along the same line as the approval of a baseball stadium a week ago.
Council member Dixie Newman said the city needs to stop putting up red tape for developers wanting to invest in Biloxi.
The Biloxi Boardwalk Casino on the Back Bay in East Biloxi already has site approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years