Site rezoned for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: October 16,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned property west of Interstate 110 to waterfront, and now it will be up to the Mississippi Gaming Commission to decide if it is a legal casino site.
The council also heard casino operators and Wall Street investors are interested in financing the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino Hotel.
The Sun Herald reports the vote for the rezoning was 5-2 on Tuesday and along the same line as the approval of a baseball stadium a week ago.
Council member Dixie Newman said the city needs to stop putting up red tape for developers wanting to invest in Biloxi.
The Biloxi Boardwalk Casino on the Back Bay in East Biloxi already has site approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation