Site rezoned for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: October 16,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned property west of Interstate 110 to waterfront, and now it will be up to the Mississippi Gaming Commission to decide if it is a legal casino site.
The council also heard casino operators and Wall Street investors are interested in financing the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino Hotel.
The Sun Herald reports the vote for the rezoning was 5-2 on Tuesday and along the same line as the approval of a baseball stadium a week ago.
Council member Dixie Newman said the city needs to stop putting up red tape for developers wanting to invest in Biloxi.
The Biloxi Boardwalk Casino on the Back Bay in East Biloxi already has site approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015