Site rezoned for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: October 16,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned property west of Interstate 110 to waterfront, and now it will be up to the Mississippi Gaming Commission to decide if it is a legal casino site.
The council also heard casino operators and Wall Street investors are interested in financing the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino Hotel.
The Sun Herald reports the vote for the rezoning was 5-2 on Tuesday and along the same line as the approval of a baseball stadium a week ago.
Council member Dixie Newman said the city needs to stop putting up red tape for developers wanting to invest in Biloxi.
The Biloxi Boardwalk Casino on the Back Bay in East Biloxi already has site approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case