Site rezoned for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: October 16,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has rezoned property west of Interstate 110 to waterfront, and now it will be up to the Mississippi Gaming Commission to decide if it is a legal casino site.
The council also heard casino operators and Wall Street investors are interested in financing the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino Hotel.
The Sun Herald reports the vote for the rezoning was 5-2 on Tuesday and along the same line as the approval of a baseball stadium a week ago.
Council member Dixie Newman said the city needs to stop putting up red tape for developers wanting to invest in Biloxi.
The Biloxi Boardwalk Casino on the Back Bay in East Biloxi already has site approval.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi