Southgroup Insurance merging with Cox and Associates
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2013
RIDGELAND — SouthGroup Insurance Services continues to grow through its recently announced proposed association with Cox and Associates in Carthage.
This new alliance, which will be effective Jan. 1, 2014, gives SouthGroup, headquartered in Ridgeland, 22 branch locations across the state.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Ronald P. Tubertini, president and CEO of SouthGroup, said, “I have always held Aubry Cox and Toby Tyler in high regard. I am personally looking forward to the contributions that both Aubry and Toby will make to the SouthGroup team.”
Aubry Cox said that Cox and Associates customers will continue to be served by the same staff.
“Both agencies have very similar operating philosophies in that we know our customers and we develop long-term relationships with them,” Cox said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip