Southgroup Insurance merging with Cox and Associates
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2013
RIDGELAND — SouthGroup Insurance Services continues to grow through its recently announced proposed association with Cox and Associates in Carthage.
This new alliance, which will be effective Jan. 1, 2014, gives SouthGroup, headquartered in Ridgeland, 22 branch locations across the state.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Ronald P. Tubertini, president and CEO of SouthGroup, said, “I have always held Aubry Cox and Toby Tyler in high regard. I am personally looking forward to the contributions that both Aubry and Toby will make to the SouthGroup team.”
Aubry Cox said that Cox and Associates customers will continue to be served by the same staff.
“Both agencies have very similar operating philosophies in that we know our customers and we develop long-term relationships with them,” Cox said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center