Southgroup Insurance merging with Cox and Associates
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2013
RIDGELAND — SouthGroup Insurance Services continues to grow through its recently announced proposed association with Cox and Associates in Carthage.
This new alliance, which will be effective Jan. 1, 2014, gives SouthGroup, headquartered in Ridgeland, 22 branch locations across the state.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Ronald P. Tubertini, president and CEO of SouthGroup, said, “I have always held Aubry Cox and Toby Tyler in high regard. I am personally looking forward to the contributions that both Aubry and Toby will make to the SouthGroup team.”
Aubry Cox said that Cox and Associates customers will continue to be served by the same staff.
“Both agencies have very similar operating philosophies in that we know our customers and we develop long-term relationships with them,” Cox said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth