Southgroup Insurance merging with Cox and Associates
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2013
RIDGELAND — SouthGroup Insurance Services continues to grow through its recently announced proposed association with Cox and Associates in Carthage.
This new alliance, which will be effective Jan. 1, 2014, gives SouthGroup, headquartered in Ridgeland, 22 branch locations across the state.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Ronald P. Tubertini, president and CEO of SouthGroup, said, “I have always held Aubry Cox and Toby Tyler in high regard. I am personally looking forward to the contributions that both Aubry and Toby will make to the SouthGroup team.”
Aubry Cox said that Cox and Associates customers will continue to be served by the same staff.
“Both agencies have very similar operating philosophies in that we know our customers and we develop long-term relationships with them,” Cox said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years