Southgroup Insurance merging with Cox and Associates
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2013
RIDGELAND — SouthGroup Insurance Services continues to grow through its recently announced proposed association with Cox and Associates in Carthage.
This new alliance, which will be effective Jan. 1, 2014, gives SouthGroup, headquartered in Ridgeland, 22 branch locations across the state.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Ronald P. Tubertini, president and CEO of SouthGroup, said, “I have always held Aubry Cox and Toby Tyler in high regard. I am personally looking forward to the contributions that both Aubry and Toby will make to the SouthGroup team.”
Aubry Cox said that Cox and Associates customers will continue to be served by the same staff.
“Both agencies have very similar operating philosophies in that we know our customers and we develop long-term relationships with them,” Cox said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M