HMA turns down Blue Cross’ reinstatement offer to four Mississippi hospitals
Published: October 17,2013
Tags: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi, Dwayne Blaylock, health, health care, health insurance, Health Management Associates, hospital, insurance, lawsuit, legal, medical, medicine, public health, River Oaks Hospital
JACKSON — Health Management Associates has rejected an offer from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi to reinstate four of 10 HMA-owned hospitals in Mississippi into the insurer’s provider network. HMA says the terms were unacceptable.
Blue Cross Blue Shield issued a news release Monday stating it would be willing to reinstate the four hospitals into its network as early as Tuesday. The Clarion-Ledger reports it did not discuss what conditions, if any, the hospitals would have to agree to for the deal to take effect.
But River Oaks Hospital CEO Dwayne Blaylock said the insurer wanted the hospitals to agree to pre-certification of in-patient admissions, a process HMA officials said can take up to five business days, and to continue to be reimbursed at the rates at dispute in a lawsuit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters