Proposed Coast baseball stadium plans on fast track
Published: October 17,2013
Tags: athletics, Baseball, Biloxi City Council, Biloxi Development Review Committee, city, city government, City of Biloxi, construction, Dale Partners Architects, design, Leigh Jaunsen, Minor league baseball, sports, stadium, tourism, tourist, visitor
BILOXI — Plans for the new minor league baseball stadium presented to the Biloxi Development Review Committee haven’t changed much from the original renderings.
Leigh Jaunsen, an architect with Dale Partners Architects, says the plan shows “a solid, urban, historic-looking ballpark.”
The Sun Herald reports the DRC meeting yesterday was just a week after the Biloxi council approved the stadium. All the architectural plans are scheduled to be complete by February, and Jaunsen said some of the construction work will be out to bid before that.
She says the stadium architecture is reflective of some of the mission-style buildings around town including the Civic Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex