Proposed Coast baseball stadium plans on fast track
by Associated Press
Published: October 17,2013
Tags: athletics, Baseball, Biloxi City Council, Biloxi Development Review Committee, city, city government, City of Biloxi, construction, Dale Partners Architects, design, Leigh Jaunsen, Minor league baseball, sports, stadium, tourism, tourist, visitor
BILOXI — Plans for the new minor league baseball stadium presented to the Biloxi Development Review Committee haven’t changed much from the original renderings.
Leigh Jaunsen, an architect with Dale Partners Architects, says the plan shows “a solid, urban, historic-looking ballpark.”
The Sun Herald reports the DRC meeting yesterday was just a week after the Biloxi council approved the stadium. All the architectural plans are scheduled to be complete by February, and Jaunsen said some of the construction work will be out to bid before that.
She says the stadium architecture is reflective of some of the mission-style buildings around town including the Civic Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast