Proposed Coast baseball stadium plans on fast track
Published: October 17,2013
Tags: athletics, Baseball, Biloxi City Council, Biloxi Development Review Committee, city, city government, City of Biloxi, construction, Dale Partners Architects, design, Leigh Jaunsen, Minor league baseball, sports, stadium, tourism, tourist, visitor
BILOXI — Plans for the new minor league baseball stadium presented to the Biloxi Development Review Committee haven’t changed much from the original renderings.
Leigh Jaunsen, an architect with Dale Partners Architects, says the plan shows “a solid, urban, historic-looking ballpark.”
The Sun Herald reports the DRC meeting yesterday was just a week after the Biloxi council approved the stadium. All the architectural plans are scheduled to be complete by February, and Jaunsen said some of the construction work will be out to bid before that.
She says the stadium architecture is reflective of some of the mission-style buildings around town including the Civic Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal