Proposed Coast baseball stadium plans on fast track
Published: October 17,2013
Tags: athletics, Baseball, Biloxi City Council, Biloxi Development Review Committee, city, city government, City of Biloxi, construction, Dale Partners Architects, design, Leigh Jaunsen, Minor league baseball, sports, stadium, tourism, tourist, visitor
BILOXI — Plans for the new minor league baseball stadium presented to the Biloxi Development Review Committee haven’t changed much from the original renderings.
Leigh Jaunsen, an architect with Dale Partners Architects, says the plan shows “a solid, urban, historic-looking ballpark.”
The Sun Herald reports the DRC meeting yesterday was just a week after the Biloxi council approved the stadium. All the architectural plans are scheduled to be complete by February, and Jaunsen said some of the construction work will be out to bid before that.
She says the stadium architecture is reflective of some of the mission-style buildings around town including the Civic Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet