Proposed Coast baseball stadium plans on fast track
Published: October 17,2013
Tags: athletics, Baseball, Biloxi City Council, Biloxi Development Review Committee, city, city government, City of Biloxi, construction, Dale Partners Architects, design, Leigh Jaunsen, Minor league baseball, sports, stadium, tourism, tourist, visitor
BILOXI — Plans for the new minor league baseball stadium presented to the Biloxi Development Review Committee haven’t changed much from the original renderings.
Leigh Jaunsen, an architect with Dale Partners Architects, says the plan shows “a solid, urban, historic-looking ballpark.”
The Sun Herald reports the DRC meeting yesterday was just a week after the Biloxi council approved the stadium. All the architectural plans are scheduled to be complete by February, and Jaunsen said some of the construction work will be out to bid before that.
She says the stadium architecture is reflective of some of the mission-style buildings around town including the Civic Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency