Abbott Myers takes home award as Farmer of the Year
After farming for 42 years, Abbott Myers of Dundee has been named the Mississippi winner of the 2013 Swisher Sweets/Sunbelt Expo Southeastern Farmer of the Year award. On Oct. 15, Myers, who grows rice, soybeans and corn on 7,138 acres of land, will compete with nine other Southeast state finalists to determine who wins the overall title of farmer of the year, including a $15,000 cash prize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K