Abbott Myers takes home award as Farmer of the Year
After farming for 42 years, Abbott Myers of Dundee has been named the Mississippi winner of the 2013 Swisher Sweets/Sunbelt Expo Southeastern Farmer of the Year award. On Oct. 15, Myers, who grows rice, soybeans and corn on 7,138 acres of land, will compete with nine other Southeast state finalists to determine who wins the overall title of farmer of the year, including a $15,000 cash prize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast