Abbott Myers takes home award as Farmer of the Year
After farming for 42 years, Abbott Myers of Dundee has been named the Mississippi winner of the 2013 Swisher Sweets/Sunbelt Expo Southeastern Farmer of the Year award. On Oct. 15, Myers, who grows rice, soybeans and corn on 7,138 acres of land, will compete with nine other Southeast state finalists to determine who wins the overall title of farmer of the year, including a $15,000 cash prize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Corps allots more funding to projects in Mississippi
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation