Butler Snow welcomes Troy Stovall
Butler Snow Advisory Services has added Troy A. Stovall as its newest principal. Stovall brings more than 25 years of experience in technology, consulting, higher education, private equity and operations. Prior to joining BSAS, Stovall founded and still serves as managing member of LeMaile Stovall LLC, a management consulting firm. He also previously served as executive vice president and COO of Howard University and as senior vice president and CFO of Jackson State University (JSU).
Before arriving at JSU, Stovall was co-founder and CEO of GulfSouth Capital Inc. and managing general partner of GS Ventures (GSV), LLC. He has also served as a senior engagement manager at the strategy management-consulting firm,
McKinsey & Co., where he was a leader in the group’s telecom practice. His other professional experiences include positions with Southwestern Bell, AT&T Bell Labs and Rockwell Collins Transmission Systems Division.
Stovall, a Houston native, is a frequent speaker on topics including venture capital, motivation, economic development and higher education administration. He has authored or contributed to published documents on wireless data, entrepreneurship, venture capital, economic development and activity-based costing. Stovall was previously appointed to the Commission on E-Government and the Special Task Force for Economic Development Planning by Gov. Ronnie Musgrove and the Southern Growth Policies Board Technology Council, and the Mississippi Governor’s Commission on Tax Reform by Gov. Haley Barbour.
Stovall holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minor in mathematics from Southern Methodist University, where he graduated cum laude; a master’s degree in computer science from Stanford University; and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal