Coast mall stores closing ahead of demolition
Published: October 18,2013
GAUTIER — Singing River Mall is gradually moving towards change.
Mall manager Angela Bishop tells The Sun Herald Cinema 5 closed last weekend and the remainder of the businesses will be out by the end of October with the exception of anchor stores Belk and JCPenney.
Bishop expects demolition to begin in December and Belk and JC Penney will remain throughout the demolition process.
The mall demolition is part of the city’s revitalization plan that will include a town center, new open air mall, and town green.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter