Coast mall stores closing ahead of demolition
Published: October 18,2013
GAUTIER — Singing River Mall is gradually moving towards change.
Mall manager Angela Bishop tells The Sun Herald Cinema 5 closed last weekend and the remainder of the businesses will be out by the end of October with the exception of anchor stores Belk and JCPenney.
Bishop expects demolition to begin in December and Belk and JC Penney will remain throughout the demolition process.
The mall demolition is part of the city’s revitalization plan that will include a town center, new open air mall, and town green.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues