Coast mall stores closing ahead of demolition
Published: October 18,2013
GAUTIER — Singing River Mall is gradually moving towards change.
Mall manager Angela Bishop tells The Sun Herald Cinema 5 closed last weekend and the remainder of the businesses will be out by the end of October with the exception of anchor stores Belk and JCPenney.
Bishop expects demolition to begin in December and Belk and JC Penney will remain throughout the demolition process.
The mall demolition is part of the city’s revitalization plan that will include a town center, new open air mall, and town green.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19