Coast mall stores closing ahead of demolition
Published: October 18,2013
GAUTIER — Singing River Mall is gradually moving towards change.
Mall manager Angela Bishop tells The Sun Herald Cinema 5 closed last weekend and the remainder of the businesses will be out by the end of October with the exception of anchor stores Belk and JCPenney.
Bishop expects demolition to begin in December and Belk and JC Penney will remain throughout the demolition process.
The mall demolition is part of the city’s revitalization plan that will include a town center, new open air mall, and town green.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal