Coast mall stores closing ahead of demolition
by Associated Press
Published: October 18,2013
GAUTIER — Singing River Mall is gradually moving towards change.
Mall manager Angela Bishop tells The Sun Herald Cinema 5 closed last weekend and the remainder of the businesses will be out by the end of October with the exception of anchor stores Belk and JCPenney.
Bishop expects demolition to begin in December and Belk and JC Penney will remain throughout the demolition process.
The mall demolition is part of the city’s revitalization plan that will include a town center, new open air mall, and town green.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy