Dr. Michael J. Borne elected president of Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Dr. Michael J. Borne has been elected the new president of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. Borne is a native of Oxford and received a bachelor of science degree in pharmacy from the University of Mississippi. He graduated cum laude from the University of Mississippi Medical center and completed internship training in Birmingham, Ala. He completed residency training in ophthalmology and was chosen chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He completed two years of fellowship training in vitreoretinal surgery at Wills Eye Hospital.
Borne has authored numerous scientific research publications and textbook chapters and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson