Dr. Michael J. Borne elected president of Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Dr. Michael J. Borne has been elected the new president of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. Borne is a native of Oxford and received a bachelor of science degree in pharmacy from the University of Mississippi. He graduated cum laude from the University of Mississippi Medical center and completed internship training in Birmingham, Ala. He completed residency training in ophthalmology and was chosen chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He completed two years of fellowship training in vitreoretinal surgery at Wills Eye Hospital.
Borne has authored numerous scientific research publications and textbook chapters and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability