Dr. Michael J. Borne elected president of Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Dr. Michael J. Borne has been elected the new president of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. Borne is a native of Oxford and received a bachelor of science degree in pharmacy from the University of Mississippi. He graduated cum laude from the University of Mississippi Medical center and completed internship training in Birmingham, Ala. He completed residency training in ophthalmology and was chosen chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He completed two years of fellowship training in vitreoretinal surgery at Wills Eye Hospital.
Borne has authored numerous scientific research publications and textbook chapters and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow