Dr. Michael J. Borne elected president of Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Dr. Michael J. Borne has been elected the new president of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. Borne is a native of Oxford and received a bachelor of science degree in pharmacy from the University of Mississippi. He graduated cum laude from the University of Mississippi Medical center and completed internship training in Birmingham, Ala. He completed residency training in ophthalmology and was chosen chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He completed two years of fellowship training in vitreoretinal surgery at Wills Eye Hospital.
Borne has authored numerous scientific research publications and textbook chapters and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal