Dr. Michael J. Borne elected president of Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Dr. Michael J. Borne has been elected the new president of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. Borne is a native of Oxford and received a bachelor of science degree in pharmacy from the University of Mississippi. He graduated cum laude from the University of Mississippi Medical center and completed internship training in Birmingham, Ala. He completed residency training in ophthalmology and was chosen chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He completed two years of fellowship training in vitreoretinal surgery at Wills Eye Hospital.
Borne has authored numerous scientific research publications and textbook chapters and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo