Jesse Wright named publisher of the Clarksdale Press Register
Jesse Wright, the news editor at the Clarksdale Press Register since January 2012, has been named the newspaper’s publisher. Wright succeeds Matt Killebrew, who has been publisher for the past three years and has taken a job at Coahoma Community College.
A Texas native, Wright graduated from Stephen F. Austin University with a journalism degree. He earned a master’s degree in Southern Studies from the University of Mississippi. Wright worked for the Peace Corps in Haiti and East Timor. He previously worked for a newspaper in Brenham, Texas, and free-lanced for other news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar