Jesse Wright named publisher of the Clarksdale Press Register
Jesse Wright, the news editor at the Clarksdale Press Register since January 2012, has been named the newspaper’s publisher. Wright succeeds Matt Killebrew, who has been publisher for the past three years and has taken a job at Coahoma Community College.
A Texas native, Wright graduated from Stephen F. Austin University with a journalism degree. He earned a master’s degree in Southern Studies from the University of Mississippi. Wright worked for the Peace Corps in Haiti and East Timor. He previously worked for a newspaper in Brenham, Texas, and free-lanced for other news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces