Jesse Wright named publisher of the Clarksdale Press Register
Jesse Wright, the news editor at the Clarksdale Press Register since January 2012, has been named the newspaper’s publisher. Wright succeeds Matt Killebrew, who has been publisher for the past three years and has taken a job at Coahoma Community College.
A Texas native, Wright graduated from Stephen F. Austin University with a journalism degree. He earned a master’s degree in Southern Studies from the University of Mississippi. Wright worked for the Peace Corps in Haiti and East Timor. He previously worked for a newspaper in Brenham, Texas, and free-lanced for other news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects