Jesse Wright named publisher of the Clarksdale Press Register
Jesse Wright, the news editor at the Clarksdale Press Register since January 2012, has been named the newspaper’s publisher. Wright succeeds Matt Killebrew, who has been publisher for the past three years and has taken a job at Coahoma Community College.
A Texas native, Wright graduated from Stephen F. Austin University with a journalism degree. He earned a master’s degree in Southern Studies from the University of Mississippi. Wright worked for the Peace Corps in Haiti and East Timor. He previously worked for a newspaper in Brenham, Texas, and free-lanced for other news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity