Jesse Wright named publisher of the Clarksdale Press Register
Jesse Wright, the news editor at the Clarksdale Press Register since January 2012, has been named the newspaper’s publisher. Wright succeeds Matt Killebrew, who has been publisher for the past three years and has taken a job at Coahoma Community College.
A Texas native, Wright graduated from Stephen F. Austin University with a journalism degree. He earned a master’s degree in Southern Studies from the University of Mississippi. Wright worked for the Peace Corps in Haiti and East Timor. He previously worked for a newspaper in Brenham, Texas, and free-lanced for other news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending