Man to plead guilty to trafficing counterfeit goods
Published: October 18,2013
GULFPORT — Federal court records say a man charged with selling counterfeit purses, wallets and other items in Harrison County will plead guilty in the case.
Ousainou Mahanera was indicted Aug. 20, but the case was sealed until his arrest in New Orleans in September.
The indictment filed in U.S. District Court in Gulfport says Mahanera sold purses and other items that were fake versions of high-end brands like Louis Vuitton and Gucci.
The indictment said the items also include shoes and belts. Authorities say Mahanera sold them in March.
His attorney filed a notice this week that Mahanera intends to plead guilty.
A change of plea hearing is scheduled for Monday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics