MEMA’s Robert Latham appoint to national committee
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency director Robert Latham has been appointed to serve as the chairman of the National Emergency Management Association’s Response and Recovery committee for the next 12 months. Latham is also a member on the Legislative committee. Latham has directed response and recovery efforts for 13 presidential major disaster declarations, two emergency declarations and numerous non-declared disasters in Mississippi.
In addition, MEMA staff attorney Allison Killebrew was named vice chair for the NEMA Legal Counsel Committee, and MEMA response director Tom McAllister remains a member of the Emergency Management Assistance Compact Task Force Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House