MEMA’s Robert Latham appoint to national committee
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency director Robert Latham has been appointed to serve as the chairman of the National Emergency Management Association’s Response and Recovery committee for the next 12 months. Latham is also a member on the Legislative committee. Latham has directed response and recovery efforts for 13 presidential major disaster declarations, two emergency declarations and numerous non-declared disasters in Mississippi.
In addition, MEMA staff attorney Allison Killebrew was named vice chair for the NEMA Legal Counsel Committee, and MEMA response director Tom McAllister remains a member of the Emergency Management Assistance Compact Task Force Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force