EastGroup reports increase in revenue, profit
Published: October 20,2013
JACKSON — More tenants are renting industrial space from landlord EastGroup Properties, pushing up revenue and profit in the third quarter.
The company said quarterly profit rose 24 percent to $8.4 million, or 28 cents per share, in the three months that ended September 30. That’s up from $6.8 million, or 23 cents per share, in 2012’s third quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 10 percent to $51.3 million.
The Jackson-based company said its buildings were 96.3 percent leased at the quarter’s end, its highest level since the third quarter of 2007.
EastGroup said it started building five new warehouses projected to cost $36.9 million, bringing its development program to a total of 14 buildings with projected costs of $91.4 million.
In August, EastGroup borrowed $100 million in a private placement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option