EastGroup reports increase in revenue, profit
Published: October 20,2013
JACKSON — More tenants are renting industrial space from landlord EastGroup Properties, pushing up revenue and profit in the third quarter.
The company said quarterly profit rose 24 percent to $8.4 million, or 28 cents per share, in the three months that ended September 30. That’s up from $6.8 million, or 23 cents per share, in 2012’s third quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 10 percent to $51.3 million.
The Jackson-based company said its buildings were 96.3 percent leased at the quarter’s end, its highest level since the third quarter of 2007.
EastGroup said it started building five new warehouses projected to cost $36.9 million, bringing its development program to a total of 14 buildings with projected costs of $91.4 million.
In August, EastGroup borrowed $100 million in a private placement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations