EastGroup reports increase in revenue, profit
Published: October 20,2013
JACKSON — More tenants are renting industrial space from landlord EastGroup Properties, pushing up revenue and profit in the third quarter.
The company said quarterly profit rose 24 percent to $8.4 million, or 28 cents per share, in the three months that ended September 30. That’s up from $6.8 million, or 23 cents per share, in 2012’s third quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 10 percent to $51.3 million.
The Jackson-based company said its buildings were 96.3 percent leased at the quarter’s end, its highest level since the third quarter of 2007.
EastGroup said it started building five new warehouses projected to cost $36.9 million, bringing its development program to a total of 14 buildings with projected costs of $91.4 million.
In August, EastGroup borrowed $100 million in a private placement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports