EastGroup reports increase in revenue, profit
Published: October 20,2013
JACKSON — More tenants are renting industrial space from landlord EastGroup Properties, pushing up revenue and profit in the third quarter.
The company said quarterly profit rose 24 percent to $8.4 million, or 28 cents per share, in the three months that ended September 30. That’s up from $6.8 million, or 23 cents per share, in 2012′s third quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 10 percent to $51.3 million.
The Jackson-based company said its buildings were 96.3 percent leased at the quarter’s end, its highest level since the third quarter of 2007.
EastGroup said it started building five new warehouses projected to cost $36.9 million, bringing its development program to a total of 14 buildings with projected costs of $91.4 million.
In August, EastGroup borrowed $100 million in a private placement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus