EastGroup reports increase in revenue, profit
Published: October 20,2013
JACKSON — More tenants are renting industrial space from landlord EastGroup Properties, pushing up revenue and profit in the third quarter.
The company said quarterly profit rose 24 percent to $8.4 million, or 28 cents per share, in the three months that ended September 30. That’s up from $6.8 million, or 23 cents per share, in 2012’s third quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 10 percent to $51.3 million.
The Jackson-based company said its buildings were 96.3 percent leased at the quarter’s end, its highest level since the third quarter of 2007.
EastGroup said it started building five new warehouses projected to cost $36.9 million, bringing its development program to a total of 14 buildings with projected costs of $91.4 million.
In August, EastGroup borrowed $100 million in a private placement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training