Fire erupts at poultry plant; no injuries reported
Published: October 20,2013
FLOWOOD — No injuries have been reported in an early Friday fire at the Sanderson Farms poultry plant in Flowood.
Flowood Fire Department Lt. Brian Grantham says about 16 employees were inside the building at the time, though no one was in the boiler room where the fire started. The room is used for heating cooking oil to cook the food.
Grantham says those inside the building were part of a cleaning crew and they evacuated when the fire alarms sounded. He says the fire was reported about 3 a.m.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
Company officials say the plant will be closed until tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case