Fire erupts at poultry plant; no injuries reported
Published: October 20,2013
FLOWOOD — No injuries have been reported in an early Friday fire at the Sanderson Farms poultry plant in Flowood.
Flowood Fire Department Lt. Brian Grantham says about 16 employees were inside the building at the time, though no one was in the boiler room where the fire started. The room is used for heating cooking oil to cook the food.
Grantham says those inside the building were part of a cleaning crew and they evacuated when the fire alarms sounded. He says the fire was reported about 3 a.m.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
Company officials say the plant will be closed until tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC