Fire erupts at poultry plant; no injuries reported
Published: October 20,2013
FLOWOOD — No injuries have been reported in an early Friday fire at the Sanderson Farms poultry plant in Flowood.
Flowood Fire Department Lt. Brian Grantham says about 16 employees were inside the building at the time, though no one was in the boiler room where the fire started. The room is used for heating cooking oil to cook the food.
Grantham says those inside the building were part of a cleaning crew and they evacuated when the fire alarms sounded. He says the fire was reported about 3 a.m.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
Company officials say the plant will be closed until tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money