Supervisors to hear latest from CEO on sale of hospital
Published: October 21,2013
Tags: Adams County, Adams County Board of Supervisors, county, county government, Darryl Grennell, health, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regiolnal Medical Center, public health, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors will meet this week with the chief executive officer of the company hired to sell Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The board has scheduled on the agenda for its meeting today an appearance by Scott Phillips of Healthcare Management Partners. HMP was hired in June to market NRMC after the supervisors decided on the advice of the hospital’s trustees to try to sell the county-owned hospital.
Supervisors’ president Darryl Grennell tells The Natchez Democrat he did not know what Phillips might bring to the table today, but is hoping for an update on the sale process.
HMP previously tried on behalf of the county to sell the hospital out of bankruptcy in 2008. Though that effort was ultimately unsuccessful.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer