Supervisors to hear latest from CEO on sale of hospital
Published: October 21,2013
Tags: Adams County, Adams County Board of Supervisors, county, county government, Darryl Grennell, health, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regiolnal Medical Center, public health, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors will meet this week with the chief executive officer of the company hired to sell Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The board has scheduled on the agenda for its meeting today an appearance by Scott Phillips of Healthcare Management Partners. HMP was hired in June to market NRMC after the supervisors decided on the advice of the hospital’s trustees to try to sell the county-owned hospital.
Supervisors’ president Darryl Grennell tells The Natchez Democrat he did not know what Phillips might bring to the table today, but is hoping for an update on the sale process.
HMP previously tried on behalf of the county to sell the hospital out of bankruptcy in 2008. Though that effort was ultimately unsuccessful.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter