Supervisors to hear latest from CEO on sale of hospital
Published: October 21,2013
Tags: Adams County, Adams County Board of Supervisors, county, county government, Darryl Grennell, health, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regiolnal Medical Center, public health, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors will meet this week with the chief executive officer of the company hired to sell Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The board has scheduled on the agenda for its meeting today an appearance by Scott Phillips of Healthcare Management Partners. HMP was hired in June to market NRMC after the supervisors decided on the advice of the hospital’s trustees to try to sell the county-owned hospital.
Supervisors’ president Darryl Grennell tells The Natchez Democrat he did not know what Phillips might bring to the table today, but is hoping for an update on the sale process.
HMP previously tried on behalf of the county to sell the hospital out of bankruptcy in 2008. Though that effort was ultimately unsuccessful.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues