Supervisors to hear latest from CEO on sale of hospital
Published: October 21,2013
Tags: Adams County, Adams County Board of Supervisors, county, county government, Darryl Grennell, health, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regiolnal Medical Center, public health, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors will meet this week with the chief executive officer of the company hired to sell Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The board has scheduled on the agenda for its meeting today an appearance by Scott Phillips of Healthcare Management Partners. HMP was hired in June to market NRMC after the supervisors decided on the advice of the hospital’s trustees to try to sell the county-owned hospital.
Supervisors’ president Darryl Grennell tells The Natchez Democrat he did not know what Phillips might bring to the table today, but is hoping for an update on the sale process.
HMP previously tried on behalf of the county to sell the hospital out of bankruptcy in 2008. Though that effort was ultimately unsuccessful.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports