City council to hear plan for new theme park on Coast
Published: October 22,2013
BILOXI — Developers plan to reveal details of a music-related Mississippi Sound theme park in North Biloxi to the city council.
The Sun Herald reports Glenn Miller will give the council today an overview of the plans of a theme park north of Interstate 10 and west of Mississippi 67 in the newly-annexed area of Biloxi.
Miller is managing partner of most of the annexed area that is known as Pine Haven Development.
About half of the 1,200 acres is wetlands, and he told the Biloxi Planning Commission it can have parks, a stage and trails, but no buildings on that portion of the land.
Miller said they plan to build a 140-acre theme park plus an amphitheater and “a souped up flea market” similar to one recently built in San Antonio.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Top 40 Under 40
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Top 40 Under 40 Nomination Form
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love