City council to hear plan for new theme park on Coast
Published: October 22,2013
BILOXI — Developers plan to reveal details of a music-related Mississippi Sound theme park in North Biloxi to the city council.
The Sun Herald reports Glenn Miller will give the council today an overview of the plans of a theme park north of Interstate 10 and west of Mississippi 67 in the newly-annexed area of Biloxi.
Miller is managing partner of most of the annexed area that is known as Pine Haven Development.
About half of the 1,200 acres is wetlands, and he told the Biloxi Planning Commission it can have parks, a stage and trails, but no buildings on that portion of the land.
Miller said they plan to build a 140-acre theme park plus an amphitheater and “a souped up flea market” similar to one recently built in San Antonio.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters