City council to hear plan for new theme park on Coast
Published: October 22,2013
BILOXI — Developers plan to reveal details of a music-related Mississippi Sound theme park in North Biloxi to the city council.
The Sun Herald reports Glenn Miller will give the council today an overview of the plans of a theme park north of Interstate 10 and west of Mississippi 67 in the newly-annexed area of Biloxi.
Miller is managing partner of most of the annexed area that is known as Pine Haven Development.
About half of the 1,200 acres is wetlands, and he told the Biloxi Planning Commission it can have parks, a stage and trails, but no buildings on that portion of the land.
Miller said they plan to build a 140-acre theme park plus an amphitheater and “a souped up flea market” similar to one recently built in San Antonio.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed