City council to hear plan for new theme park on Coast
Published: October 22,2013
BILOXI — Developers plan to reveal details of a music-related Mississippi Sound theme park in North Biloxi to the city council.
The Sun Herald reports Glenn Miller will give the council today an overview of the plans of a theme park north of Interstate 10 and west of Mississippi 67 in the newly-annexed area of Biloxi.
Miller is managing partner of most of the annexed area that is known as Pine Haven Development.
About half of the 1,200 acres is wetlands, and he told the Biloxi Planning Commission it can have parks, a stage and trails, but no buildings on that portion of the land.
Miller said they plan to build a 140-acre theme park plus an amphitheater and “a souped up flea market” similar to one recently built in San Antonio.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Catfish industry launches TV advertising campaign
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease