City council to hear plan for new theme park on Coast
Published: October 22,2013
BILOXI — Developers plan to reveal details of a music-related Mississippi Sound theme park in North Biloxi to the city council.
The Sun Herald reports Glenn Miller will give the council today an overview of the plans of a theme park north of Interstate 10 and west of Mississippi 67 in the newly-annexed area of Biloxi.
Miller is managing partner of most of the annexed area that is known as Pine Haven Development.
About half of the 1,200 acres is wetlands, and he told the Biloxi Planning Commission it can have parks, a stage and trails, but no buildings on that portion of the land.
Miller said they plan to build a 140-acre theme park plus an amphitheater and “a souped up flea market” similar to one recently built in San Antonio.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BP appealing to have oil spill settlement administrator removed
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us
- Dollar General store cited by OSHA for second time
- Three insurers selling in state on health care reform website
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology