Supervisor wants marketing, branding campaign
Published: October 22,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Kenneth Stokes wants to pay a Jackson-based company $25,000 to create a marketing and branding campaign, even though the Hinds County Economic Development Authority is providing that same service.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Stokes asked the Hinds County Board of Supervisors yesterday to approve a contract to market the county with BRAG Inc.
Stokes also asked supervisors not to give the Hinds County Economic Development Authority its monthly allotment from a small amount of millage dedicated to it by the county. None of the four board members present would make a motion to approve the $104,096 due the authority.
Stokes said he doesn’t want to give the authority its monthly tax proceeds because he believes five members on the authority’s 17-member board are serving illegally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports