Supervisor wants marketing, branding campaign
Published: October 22,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Kenneth Stokes wants to pay a Jackson-based company $25,000 to create a marketing and branding campaign, even though the Hinds County Economic Development Authority is providing that same service.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Stokes asked the Hinds County Board of Supervisors yesterday to approve a contract to market the county with BRAG Inc.
Stokes also asked supervisors not to give the Hinds County Economic Development Authority its monthly allotment from a small amount of millage dedicated to it by the county. None of the four board members present would make a motion to approve the $104,096 due the authority.
Stokes said he doesn’t want to give the authority its monthly tax proceeds because he believes five members on the authority’s 17-member board are serving illegally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds