Supervisor wants marketing, branding campaign
Published: October 22,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Kenneth Stokes wants to pay a Jackson-based company $25,000 to create a marketing and branding campaign, even though the Hinds County Economic Development Authority is providing that same service.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Stokes asked the Hinds County Board of Supervisors yesterday to approve a contract to market the county with BRAG Inc.
Stokes also asked supervisors not to give the Hinds County Economic Development Authority its monthly allotment from a small amount of millage dedicated to it by the county. None of the four board members present would make a motion to approve the $104,096 due the authority.
Stokes said he doesn’t want to give the authority its monthly tax proceeds because he believes five members on the authority’s 17-member board are serving illegally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders