Supervisor wants marketing, branding campaign
Published: October 22,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Kenneth Stokes wants to pay a Jackson-based company $25,000 to create a marketing and branding campaign, even though the Hinds County Economic Development Authority is providing that same service.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Stokes asked the Hinds County Board of Supervisors yesterday to approve a contract to market the county with BRAG Inc.
Stokes also asked supervisors not to give the Hinds County Economic Development Authority its monthly allotment from a small amount of millage dedicated to it by the county. None of the four board members present would make a motion to approve the $104,096 due the authority.
Stokes said he doesn’t want to give the authority its monthly tax proceeds because he believes five members on the authority’s 17-member board are serving illegally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet