Supervisor wants marketing, branding campaign
Published: October 22,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Kenneth Stokes wants to pay a Jackson-based company $25,000 to create a marketing and branding campaign, even though the Hinds County Economic Development Authority is providing that same service.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Stokes asked the Hinds County Board of Supervisors yesterday to approve a contract to market the county with BRAG Inc.
Stokes also asked supervisors not to give the Hinds County Economic Development Authority its monthly allotment from a small amount of millage dedicated to it by the county. None of the four board members present would make a motion to approve the $104,096 due the authority.
Stokes said he doesn’t want to give the authority its monthly tax proceeds because he believes five members on the authority’s 17-member board are serving illegally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation