Three more West Nile virus cases identified
by Associated Press
Published: October 22,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health says three newly confirmed cases of West Nile virus bring the state total to 43 this year. The new cases were in Forrest, Lamar and Rankin counties.
So far this year, cases have been reported in Adams, Bolivar, Forrest (6), Harrison, Hinds (12), Jones (2), Lamar (5), Leflore (2), Lincoln, Lowndes, Madison (3), Marion, Pike, Rankin (5) and Wayne counties.
There have been two deaths this year blamed on West Nile.
In 2012, Mississippi had 247 West Nile cases and five deaths.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park