Franchise Services of North America director resigns
by Frank Brown
Published: October 23,2013
RIDGELAND, Mississippi — Franchise Services of North America announced Tuesday that William N. Plamondon has resigned as a director of the company due to personal and business reasons. Plamondon will remain president of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Advantage Rent A Car.
Ridgeland-based FSNA is a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company and its subsidiaries own the following brands: Advantage Rent A Car, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, PractiCar, Auto Rental Resource Center, Xpress Rent A Car and Peakstone Financial Services.
In September, Thomas McNeely and Michael Silverton resigned as directors of the company due to other commitments.
The Company operates the Advantage car rental brand at 72 corporate locations in 33 states. Advantage has airport locations servicing 60 of the top 70 airports across the United States and those airports account for more than $10 billion in annual car rental revenue. Advantage is the fourth largest independent rental car company in the United States.
U-Save, together with its subsidiary ARRC, has more than 900 locations throughout the United States and is one of North America’s largest franchise car rental companies. U-Save currently services 19 airport markets in 13 different states. Although primarily based in the United States, U-Save has 18 international locations in Mexico, Greece, the Middle East, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Practicar Systems Inc. owns the rights to the Rent-A-Wreck and the PractiCar trademarks for all of Canada. The Rent-A-Wreck system operates a network of 61 franchise locations from coast-to-coast in Canada, providing a range of vehicle rental, leasing and sales options to its customers. The Rent-A-Wreck system has been in continuous operation in Canada since 1976.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Franchise Services of North America director resigns”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data