Franchise Services of North America director resigns
by Frank Brown
Published: October 23,2013
RIDGELAND, Mississippi — Franchise Services of North America announced Tuesday that William N. Plamondon has resigned as a director of the company due to personal and business reasons. Plamondon will remain president of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Advantage Rent A Car.
Ridgeland-based FSNA is a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company and its subsidiaries own the following brands: Advantage Rent A Car, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, PractiCar, Auto Rental Resource Center, Xpress Rent A Car and Peakstone Financial Services.
In September, Thomas McNeely and Michael Silverton resigned as directors of the company due to other commitments.
The Company operates the Advantage car rental brand at 72 corporate locations in 33 states. Advantage has airport locations servicing 60 of the top 70 airports across the United States and those airports account for more than $10 billion in annual car rental revenue. Advantage is the fourth largest independent rental car company in the United States.
U-Save, together with its subsidiary ARRC, has more than 900 locations throughout the United States and is one of North America’s largest franchise car rental companies. U-Save currently services 19 airport markets in 13 different states. Although primarily based in the United States, U-Save has 18 international locations in Mexico, Greece, the Middle East, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Practicar Systems Inc. owns the rights to the Rent-A-Wreck and the PractiCar trademarks for all of Canada. The Rent-A-Wreck system operates a network of 61 franchise locations from coast-to-coast in Canada, providing a range of vehicle rental, leasing and sales options to its customers. The Rent-A-Wreck system has been in continuous operation in Canada since 1976.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Franchise Services of North America director resigns”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge